[v25.1b Ground Combat] Ufo insides visible outside of FOV

Skitso

Not sure if this is by design but when assaulting UFO in tactical you can see aliens inside once the door is opened - that is fine.
On beginning of your turn the main door closes automatically but you can still see aliens inside when you really dont have LOS until you open the door again

2 hours ago, Ikko said:

Not sure if this is by design but when assaulting UFO in tactical you can see aliens inside once the door is opened - that is fine.
On beginning of your turn the main door closes automatically but you can still see aliens inside when you really dont have LOS until you open the door again

So it's expected (currently at least) that the UFO hull doesn't reappear when the door is closed, but are you saying you can still see the aliens and their positions through the door? As in, the fog of war (not the shroud) hasn't come back? If so then that would be a bug.

If you've got a save for me to look at that'd be great.

5 hours ago, Skitso said:

Why wouldn't the hull reappear when you can't see inside? This should have the same logic as roof toggle: remove roof (or hull) if enemies are seen inside, own units are inside or mouse cursor inside.

Essentially it's because it's quite a lot of work to implement it reappearing, and it's very much a "nice to have" feature compared to some of the other things we have to do. Sadly reproducing the the hull hiding system in 3D proved extremely complex.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Skitso said:

Ok, so one of those things that seem like the most trivial things to do for everyone not actually doing it. :)

Yeah. It was seriously about three weeks of work from me and both coders when we expected it to take about two days, so it's not something I'm keen to revisit until we're in the final polishing stage.

To get back on topic, I think this issue is just that the UFO doors are closing at the start of the player's turn. The game is treating the aliens inside correctly because you keep vision on aliens you spot during your turn, even if you subsequently lose sight of them. If we just make the doors close at the end of the alien player's turn instead, the issue should resolve itself - I'll create a task for it.