[V 8.2 - Ground combat] 3 bugs found.

1 - No tank sounds

2 - Shots go through some part of alien ship.( It acts as if there is a hole in the ship, but on looks it is a solid wall)

3 - When I exit the game I get a [Xenonauts.exe has stopped working] error.

Windows 7 64 bit

Edited by Sathra
Spelling correction.

You should probably split these out into seperate bug reports in future, but no problem.

1) I've fixed this up now. I just mistyped a file path.

2) Can you specify which ones? It's difficult to work out what the problem is unless you can identify it. A screenshot with the offending wall marked would be best.

3) From what screen did you exit, and was it a top-right corner close or was it an in-game Exit command close? I can't replicate the crash in the development build at the moment.

For 3) it usually happens when using the "quit game" menu option while in ground combat.

I've seen 2) happen, its one of the wall tiles on the left side of the main part of the ship. Somewhere around there, near the sticking-out bits.

You can also have aliens spawning in the 'wing-blades' or that 'tunnel' between the rear room. Can usually shoot both with no problem.

2 - As Sathra says, it's the left side of the main hub of the alien ship, around the middle section.

3 - Crash on exiting game from game menu.

Crash 2, happens after loading a saved game were my Chinook is returning from a mission after 2 fatalitys. There is also a second crash site marked on the map. Once the Chinook lands, bang, shazzam, clang, kaboooooom, my game crashes with a Xenonauts.exe has stopped working error.

Edited by Moonie

Hopefully this capture will make it clear:

WALLSPRITE.jpg

I have a target on an alien inside the UFO. Wall was damaged during the crash?

Also though, during the aliens previous turn i could see it moving around inside

In this scenario, I shot at the alien at a chance of 22% with my first shot, and heard nothing but bullets on steel. The alien returned fire and the shot made it out of the UFO, but missed and hit the generator to the left of the operative taking the shot. All other shots from my operatives, although the bullet appeared to go directly towards the alien, hit the steel wall. Likewise, the alien fired off another round but hit the steel from his side.

WALLSPRITE.jpg

WALLSPRITE.thumb.jpg.4c79001985e67743ec2