Man I'm so torn about this! I desperately want to try the game, but I really don't want to spoil my fun for the final version, I want it all to be new and exciting :D How are you guys handling it?

I caved even though I was planning to play the final version only...

Man I'm so torn about this! I desperately want to try the game, but I really don't want to spoil my fun for the final version, I want it all to be new and exciting :D How are you guys handling it?

Yeah, I hate beta testing games. I see it as a big sacrifice to play a very buggy unfinished build that (for me) just spoils the fun and "newness" of the game after release. When I pre-ordered it definitely wasn't so I could beta test. :P Still, I might give in to temptation, haven't yet.

As a programmer myself, I have really enjoyed participating and watching the game grow from concept, to implementation.

Also, blowing up aliens is definitely a lot of fun.. Other than the fact the tank seems a bit more frail than I'd expect (I've seen it die after one laser shot), it's cool to get a bead on an alien, fire, and listen to them scream.. :)

Hmm - the easiest way to target aliens is not to activate firemode and just mouseover them. The cursor jumps around a lot in firemode to allow you to target individual items of scenery, but mousing over any tile containing an alien should cause the cursor to default to the alien (previously it jumped around too much as it allowed you to also target the floor he was standing on etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everybody, YEs I am an old guy in life but new to the forum here so I think I missed how to download the latest update. Can someone help this old guy out. ;) thanks

I presume that you have Desura and some iteration of Build V8 installed. That being the case, launch the client, open the Play tab, and look for Xenonauts Preorder. If updates are available for the game, there's an icon (two circling arrows, my memory tells) right beside its Status. Left-clicking on it commences the update process.