Surviving the plasma rifles

We're fixing the reaction fire now. The problem is that they remember their LOS from their turn - so if they were facing one direction and turned around, if you enter the area they used to be looking at they'll still be able to "see" you and it causes reaction fire.

well, i equip all my guys with armor, tend to take a tank and 8 guys, 2 shotties, 2 gunners, 2 rifles, and 2 snipers. shotties i put on my low accuracy guys and back them up with the 2 riflemen. i send the gunners (normally 60+

strength so they can handle the gun with an extra clip with the snipers, so i have my a mix of close range and long range accuraccy, seems to work moving them in squads of 2 for me. just use the tank as a scout btw.

I agree with this. I went back to try XCOM: EU for the first time in about 10 years last week and boy did by men get fried in the first few months (even including personal armour).

I would be happy to see the Jackal armour become less effective.

Why the hell would you want it to be be LESS effective? Even know the enemy can kill you with one shot with it.

Are you some kind of masochist?

In all wars, also in the original X-com, there were always the "cannon fodder" guys who go up front, scout the place and, well... get injured a lot and die.

Remember you are fighting a war with a vastly superior race in therms of technology so its realy normal to expect a slaugher ;)

In X-com i recall perfectly that it was a massacre for my scout rookies. The veteran ones that realy endured battle after battle with kills after kills were the ones in the back, with extra-good acuracy, taking the surgical shots on the aliens.

I tell redshirt#23 to enter the tightly-packed engine room of a scout, he spots 3 sebillians, they spot him, and the fireworks start.

Ha! I have an Ensign Redshirt on my team. Ironically, he's the only shotgun-scout I have who has yet to be injured.

Knock on wood.