The 'lean' function

I was just wondering whether the ability for your soldiers to lean around cover to take a shot was going to make it into the game at all? Looking through the files I can see that the sprites are already there, and looking pretty damn good. I like the idea of this functionality, allowing your troops to make the maximum use of taller cover items, such as corners and vans.

So, is this due to be implemented, or has it been scrapped?

It's not going to happen. If you use the search function to look for a two-thread discussion on manual kneeling, nearing the very end Chris said he was scrapping the lean animations. At the time of the discussion, your troops auto-kneeled at cover and hugged it i.e. the lean sprites WERE the kneel function (the PC Gamer article of the time brought this up as a feature). BUT after a very long discussion, Chris decided that he was going to ditch the sprites "as uncessarily confusing" (although you really need to read at least the 4-page discussion in thread two of manual kneeling to understand why). Hicks, I think you would find some of the discussions on earlier features to be very interesting, to see how they have panned out in the current demo.

It's not going to happen. If you use the search function to look for a two-thread discussion on manual kneeling, nearing the very end Chris said he was scrapping the lean animations. At the time of the discussion, your troops auto-kneeled at cover and hugged it i.e. the lean sprites WERE the kneel function (the PC Gamer article of the time brought this up as a feature). BUT after a very long discussion, Chris decided that he was going to ditch the sprites "as uncessarily confusing" (although you really need to read at least the 4-page discussion in thread two of manual kneeling to understand why). Hicks, I think you would find some of the discussions on earlier features to be very interesting, to see how they have panned out in the current demo.

Cool!

Can you post a link to this thread?? I wanna avoid fatigue... :rolleyes: