Unnecessary Praise

After having only played the most recent build for no more than 15 minutes, without having played any previous build, I just wanted to sincerely congratulate everyone involved in this project. Your work has already wildly exceeded my expectations.

Like I said in the title, ultimately, this post is unnecessary and its contents have likely been repeated time and time again on this board I am sure.

But I have already seen a return in my investment. I was sorry to read that you were ineligible for kickstarter, but you have the support of at least one American gamer.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to contributing what little I can to the general discussion and provide some hopefully more useful encouragement than this vacuous praise.

Heh, yeah when I opened this thread, I had my defence guns ready to start blazing. Turned out to not be required.

I totally agree that I have already had a full return on the investment I have made, and now I am all ready to get my wallet out again when the kick starter is launched.

You guys rock!

Hehe I thought this post was going to be about people liking the game too much for no reason. Glad you like it :)
Heh, yeah when I opened this thread, I had my defence guns ready to start blazing. Turned out to not be required.

Strangely enough, I knew the truth of the OP's intention as soon as I saw the title. Maybe because my first thread on the old forum was in a similar vein so I could instantly recognize the enthusiasm of my fellow Fanonaut. :P

Fanonaut NEEDS to become a rank on the forums to be honest - that would be hilarious!! One of the things I highly enjoy when comparing this game to the original Xcom is the ease of interaction Xenonauts has. I mean just compare throwing grenades for example! Plus the air combat is way better and... well I could go on but I'll shush :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little more 'unnecessary' praise: Just found this and I love the Cold War background stories you have on the website. I'd love to see more stuff like that in the actual game: it would help to flesh out the game-world. It really seems like Xenonauts has focused on using things that others would consider set-backs to its advantage. Loving the isometric view and the art for example (beats the hell out of a lot of 3d stuff out there now). And again the cold-war setting. I loved the original X-Com, and its story, but it was a little kitsch. The story for Xenonauts already seems much more sophisticated. /end gush :cool: