[7.5.1 Ground Combat] One soldier often has no weapon in hand

• 1 month later...

NoWeap.jpg

I think he means no weapon visible in the GUI weapon slot (or at least that's what I've seen). I've seen it off and on for several versions now. Note in this screen shot (which is from 8.41 btw), there is no weapon visible, although the soldier on screen definitely is carrying one.

Note that the weapon appears to be equipped in inventory

Invent.jpg

When I go back to the battlescape, it appears correctly

Weap2.jpg

NoWeap.jpg

Invent.jpg

Weap2.jpg

NoWeap.jpg.15844ef7099352525e31c4feebda3

Invent.jpg.8b2ecc40c8635fa9735a21bcee3d9

Weap2.jpg.cbeb2865e5e3878ca23a911993fc2a

Edited by TNoyce
Screenshot

There's a weapon in the secondary slot in that first image, Tnoyce, though why it's not displayed in the primary slot as normal I don't know. I have actually seen this happen occasionally too, I'm just not sure what's causing it - possibly it's people dragging weapons into the hands of soldiers and putting them in the secondary slot instead of the primary? I don't really know.

Possibly, though I've seen it occur immediately after the chinook lands, without me physically changing anything in terms of soldier's equipment. I've also seen it happen off and on in the battlescape, again without having physically changed anything. I'll keep trying to see if I can figure anything out.