[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

Sentelin, i respect all ideas and i will consider your ideas like i hear and take every body and every mod like XNT..

Now you said u worked on the AI.. this is best time to ask.. I want melee creatures just attack to soldiers without hiding.. i tried some AI's from XNT but always they try to save themselfes and trying to run out.. Its nice. But i want my new reapers just run to the soldiers without thinking their deaths.. so even they die they can disturb players tactics.. can u give me this kind of ai?

Leika, can u say to me what your xdivision folders file size? it should be near 1.5 gb..

Really? Mine is ~150MB.... Clearly something went wrong with the download. Edit: I see, the 0.971 file is only a patch, not a full install.

@Sentelin

Ah, that explains it. Still, it's pretty cumbersome to look at the stats in messy files like that. I guess there is a good reason why they aren't implemented in tool tips. But how about a nicer, more convenient cheat sheet that lists all the new stuff? It would help a lot.

Edited by Leiska

@Drages

What are you looking for is tag "Sight".If you want melee creature to stop hiding,wonder in open give it negative value ( more negative it is less they will hide).Another tag is "Environment",more positive value it has the alien will care less about itself (it will run through fire,smoke ... whatever just to get to you).In other words it will not try to avoid dangerous things (like reaction fire,explosion ... ) and just goes straight at soldiers as soon as it spot it.You can make through this value bloodthirsty alien who still has some sense of danger or not at all.

You should consider re-balancing alien stats before you do this.Also word of advice use Xenonauts_gc_editor it gives all sorts of information (what alien is going to do next,if it shoots at soldier it gives you precise info why it he hit a soldier,if not why not ....),you can position aliens and squad members to your liking (this is useful when you want to develop special kind of alien behavior ) and so forth it's very useful tool for debugging and testing.

As for you question,I don't have will to mod also I would like to use my free time (which I finally have) for relaxation before RL stuff catch up with me again.

Edited by Sentelin

I play at gc editor but how can i see that things?

Thanks for that tips!

Leiska.. I understand how u feel and you are so right about. I said so many times. Tooltips and ufopedia will be written after balancing over.. so i think it will be at ver. 1.0.. if someone else dont help me, it will take my time and there are tons of new things..

I play at gc editor but how can i see that things?

You need to download debug viewer from here http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9292-Debugging-Xenonauts-Tips-and-Tricks

I forgot to mention that aliens accuracy (from airprops.xml) also plays important role in alien behavior.The more accuaracy alien has more daring it will be (more aggressive/won't hesitate to attack you.As example Gargol has 150-200 if I recall, so feel free to experiment and keep that in mind).

Edited by Sentelin

got problems with the fox armor, every soldier with a "non-vainilla" face became invisible :T.

Btw...testing on veteran...8 missions...only 1 KIA, i dont know if im very good, or just very lucky, most of the caesans doesnt shoot at time, they tend to get closer but get raped by my soldiers, xenos are cool, good ia thats great, very squishy early, but they become greater with time...sebs are also ok, i doesnt have found flaws in their behavior, they rush attack and punish just as a giant space lizzard should act (i would like a little more PUSHING behavior tho).

You were saying that you want to modifiy the ia for aliens, i would suggest making every race have their own particular tactics..sebs are bulky, they are vanguards!, xenos are predators MOAR HUNTING!...caesans are more stylish soldiers so maybe a better specialed role would fit better, the thing i dont like is that they dont "shoot" the same damage than me:

three or four of my soldiers do 3 full burst fire per turn..that makes like 15 or more shoots per turn..while they just shoot two or three ...and not always because with my "overwhelming firepower" i got them suppressed :c.

Of course i know i need a lot more gametesting, but this is what i feel with caesans xD.

Nice work with the mod, everything is really awesome :).

I will check weapon fire Tu's and enemies AI.. but i think its about enemies accuracy. They try to get near for better hitting chance.. I lowered acc for low rank enemies.

But i will go for ai with new things i learned from Sen..

Can u tell me too which ufo u atacking as biggest at your 8 GC?

Drages, Could the alien weapons have a better use than to be sold, like we have to use them to create weapons (Because the workers don't know how to make them so they'll use reverse engineering to built it. )

Paulo... ah paulo.. i thought about it night and day.. i made so many plans about reverse engineering like i did at UFOs and airplanes. Some nights i cried silently...

But as result.. for 30 enemy weapons i need to make new 30 reverse engineer project u will see at manufacture.. after every battle u will go to manufacture and give 5-6 orders to reverse them.. At this point i like XCOM EU's weapons parts..i think it was brilliant idea for a game with so less micromanagenemnt.. and even i do that, what part we will get after reverseeng? 3 part 5 part , special parts for every ballistic and energy weapons? I realy stuck at those points.. if u got an idea, please share.. i say this to everybody..

yeah, actually xcom eu got a good sistem with the parts thingy stuff, you feel like you were doing a lot of hiper deep enginering reversal, making everyone feel importontan, but it was "quite simple"..thats the tricky part:

how add a lot of management, without making it a very tedious micromanagement?.

ps: i was aggainst a caesan corvette, got my first down because friendly fire (friendly rocket i must say xD).

The biggest UFo I´see is Corvette. Fighters coming too. But it´s OK for the Moment without better Inf Weapons (still no AP Weapons availible).

Research checked: Sebillian Autopsie (done) -> Alien Ballistic Weapons (done) -> Alien Alloy (done) -> Research AP Rounds (???? not there)

I will try a new install today. Maybe a failure in Installation or a corrupt data. The other things working as they should.

Paulo... ah paulo.. i thought about it night and day.. i made so many plans about reverse engineering like i did at UFOs and airplanes. Some nights i cried silently...

But as result.. for 30 enemy weapons i need to make new 30 reverse engineer project u will see at manufacture.. after every battle u will go to manufacture and give 5-6 orders to reverse them.. At this point i like XCOM EU's weapons parts..i think it was brilliant idea for a game with so less micromanagenemnt.. and even i do that, what part we will get after reverseeng? 3 part 5 part , special parts for every ballistic and energy weapons? I realy stuck at those points.. if u got an idea, please share.. i say this to everybody..

To me, its enough that your soldier can pick up the gun and use it.

Each new mission you can steal new set of guns. The stolen alien guns work like temporary powerups for that short battle.

With Weapons I think its good so as it is atm. You can research them and integreate in new Weaponresearch. Thats possible and will done as it is in Origanlgame as well as the Mods.

I would suggest, we will look what the implementation of an other Idea brings which is discussed 2 Pages before. Then we will see what brings it. If the test is good, we can look for the Weapons Idea again for produce etc.

simply use alien weapons as parts of human weapon....in manufacture.xml add alien weapons and reduce alien alloy and elenium :)

And if you cant find that alien weapon even after 3 GC with bad luck.. it should not stuck your manufacture..

Vehicle weapons are already free...

Hi Guys. Installed the Mod fresh and in the Mod folder is now 0.97.1 HF 3. That was not seen in my first install after HF were implemented. That could be solve my Problem not to have the new Weapons. But an new Problem show now.

I have to beginn a complete new game, because my saves all corruptet in Inventory screen with my 0.97.1 Saves. With new Game no Problems there. To come to my last reports again will take a little time, but I will try to get there asap again.