[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

If I make mini compatibility patch for myself I can send you copy if you are interested.Anyway regarding workshop I think that size of mod is going to be a problem.So you might want to consider and algorithm for compressing png files.Oh and unless something changed steam workshop has nasty policy where it doesn't allow other mods to be merged in original (meaning third-party mods that are included in original mod).

I saw civilization mod mods at steam.. i didnt know there is a size limit of mods there.. i always welcome any help. thx!

So, i'm supposed to get only one fighter datacore? They're so valuable D:

fighters/bombers don't create crashsite, they give you datacores if you destroy them on land liek they give alloys and alenium.

edit :scimitar miss plasma shell model/emp shell in garage (no vehicle image).

Hi,

Suggestion for 0.98:

Make base footprint smaller-->larger with upgrade. Is it possible at all?

Make planes upgradeable (speed, hardpoints etc). This way you do not need more nice graphics, just some XML magic.

Is it possible to make obsolete technology disappear? E.g., in researches.xml "Requires" field "Researches.A(AND)(NOT)Researches.B".

Is it possible to autogenerate xenopedia entries for weapons, planes etc. with their statistics? I can look into some excel macro that could do it and autogenerate for free.

I checked the entries in the Patch for the AP Research. I couldn´t find a failure there, checked it with other Researches how are working correctly.

Checked the command line etc. It has the same build with other requirements like the Researches how working correct.

I will play a litte bit more today.

Hi,

Suggestion for 0.98:

Make base footprint smaller-->larger with upgrade. Is it possible at all?

Make planes upgradeable (speed, hardpoints etc). This way you do not need more nice graphics, just some XML magic.

Is it possible to make obsolete technology disappear? E.g., in researches.xml "Requires" field "Researches.A(AND)(NOT)Researches.B".

Is it possible to autogenerate xenopedia entries for weapons, planes etc. with their statistics? I can look into some excel macro that could do it and autogenerate for free.

Hi kubi..

1. Footprint.. need to check

2. There is no upgrading in this game.. u can replace something with another thing with research.. so if u replace something, with same thing just stats upgraded, its ok. I didn't go for this at this mod because if you search somethings upgraded version and the old one disappear and you dont have items to manufacture upgraded thing, u just stuck..

3. You can make lock researches.. its like choises. There is 2 things to research A and B and if u go for A, you cant research B.. tactical dragon wanted to use this at XNT.. if u ask me i find locking a bit harsh.. if there was a chance factor (u get %50 B or %50 C research after u researched A, scenario), i would use that.

4. I got all weapon stats at an excel, maybe u can make them create a entry for using mostly tooltips rather then ufopedia.. if it works, i cant make another sheets for other things..

---------

@Alien

I played a fast scenario and u got armor penetration just fine.. need sebilian corpse,alien ballistic weapon (matergy pistol and rifle) and alien alloy..

u need an alive sebilian to go further.. get him as soon as possible..

----------

Version 0.99 - Agony in your mouth; will have many things revised.. so give me as many idea as u can.. because as u noticed its 0.99 and about dentists.. so we nearly come to the end..

And for all ppl who thinks i am joking..

dentist.png

dentist.png

dentist.png.bf2f37fedae40e4a564b0461672a

its funny you say that xDDD, my father is dentist, my brother is ortodoncist(he put me braces >_>). And i worked as a dental mechanic almost all my life xD. If you need information and weak points, i got a lot of intel against them ;D.

phahahhaa it was realy good!!..

Now i was brainstorming.. I got an idea..

I want to improve the need of alive alien capture.. for that reason i want to add alive aliens to many key research requirements.

TFTD players will remember that u need many alive aliens for new aircrafts and armours as i remember.. so i will create 2 more classes, technicians and pilots. They will have ranks and you need them alive to get many researchs..

What do u think?

love it!, i remember trying to capture those pesky deeps one (they were called ANUROIDES in spanish..yes a lot of uranus jokes are coming) to get the ion armours...and hammerheads and stuff.. i always missed that in xenonauts.

what do you think if also you make another alive aliens prerequisites for investigations like in the old ones?,

you need a navigator to get the wave decoder thing (that building that gives you information from ufos).

There were engineers,medics, and stuff, you could make those aliens class be fitted in the non combatant class right?.

I planned in my mind..

Navigator and technicians are ok.. i thought medic but do we need it?

Navigator for new planes.. technicians for vehicles-weapons.. medic for maybe + damage.. maybe engineer for armours and another stuff..

i dont wanna go much to be honest :)

Great Idea Drages. Was thinking that too by playing, because I´m an X-Com Fan from the first Minute it comes out. I think you should implement it.

- Navigator for new planes

- technicians for vehicles-weapons and upgraded vehicles like the upgraded Scout and first Tank (first Scout Car comes normal)

- engineer for armours (beginns with improved Jackal with integrated Fox) and another stuff (except Jackal Armor and Fox Armor)

- Medics for death and live Aliens (expect the first two Species you need for Stun)

Btw. in that case we could think over the Base-Upgrade. The Prisoniers could help here to (ex. Medics for Upgrade the Sickbay).

Edited by Alienkiller

Nice idea about base updates Alien. Even i dont have any idea about that, why not..

I made 4 non combatants with 3 rank..

-medic, physician, doctor - damage buf

-weapon sergeant, weapon officer, weapon commander - weapons

-technician, engineer, chief engineer - armour/vehicle

-navigator, pilot, cruise commander - aircraft

I dont know how the game handles live aliens.. they are like everything or do they any other kind of containment.. game files got a building for living aliens just like original xcom.. but for example i got 2 research which needs 1 navigator per one research.. when i did first research, 1 of the living aliens gone or ... dont know.. need to try it..

Nice idea about base updates Alien. Even i dont have any idea about that, why not..

I dont know how the game handles live aliens.. they are like everything or do they any other kind of containment.. game files got a building for living aliens just like original xcom.. but for example i got 2 research which needs 1 navigator per one research.. when i did first research, 1 of the living aliens gone or ... dont know.. need to try it..

well currenly duplicated alivea aliens (after you researched them with the 1st one) are EXECUTED in after mission report :)

Tech tree finished i can say.. mod has already huge tree.. but i feel its cheap when u add one to another.. i want to crack the linear research and add some new requirements at some steps.. so this can be alien items and bodies.. but when i stuck at only items, there is a possibility that player miss something and because of the missing early technology, he lost a big research tree part..

X-Com origin got 5 alien weapon, xenonauts got 11, x-division 30 :)

Alive aliens dont have any place in xenonauts.. i added many stun weapons but with vanilla aliens still alive aliens are very limited.. i need to give ppl a reason to not blow up an enemy in front of them.. at TFTD i liked that tension.. the game was already hard and when u try to survive u try to stun enemies at the same time.. anyway..

Steams mod capasity is 100 mb.. lol checked now.. so workshop is useless to me.. i will go for nexus after 1.00

Edited by drages

well currenly duplicated alivea aliens (after you researched them with the 1st one) are EXECUTED in after mission report :)

When i added xenomorphs, i saw that execution-destroying the loots.. this is up to u.. alien bodies are normal items like a alien weapon or corpse.. if there is no hidden hard coded thing, alive aliens can be stocked.. i will test it today or tomorrow..

Fast testing debug codes and commands are not up to catch aliens alive.. i need to catch them with default ways and test..

Regarding tech tree you might want to consider this.I already mentioned we planned to overhaul tech tree and the way we planned to do it is make "branching" tech tree.

-Technologies would be devised in tiers and sub-tiers to clarify this here as an basic summary:

At mid of early game player has option to choose one of four-five "specialization"specialization is branch of research that focus in one field (for instance players choose "Light Combat" which primary focus is on mobility,stealth and therefor branch would unlock long-range weapons,light armors,scout fighters .... you get a picture).

Once major branch has been chosen other get locked,in other words player can't master all of them (there is feature in XCE that allows this).What does player gets from this ? Well it gets completely new approach of playing,what way he choose to play depended on his preference or will to experiment.What else ?This way you give each weapon,armor or anything really a unique purpose and role.

Plan was to design weapons/armor/equipment so that they have it's own purpose/place in all stages in game and can't be replaced like in vanilla (example once you research lasers,ballistics are obsolete) because player would lose important tactical element.

Now about sub-tier.I said that once you choose one path that's it however that path has it's own further specializations.We haven't gotten this far in design but I think 2 sub-tiers per specialization would be more than enough.

There were also other wild ideas like killing certain alien and retrieving it's corpse may allow you special research project or some tech from other branch that's lore related and so on (of course that would mean those aliens would be rare and very hard to kill,something like mini bosses .I think this worth to consider and it kind of provides almost endless re playability and keeps game fresh .

Edited by Sentelin

But u missed the weapon damage type opportunity. Even u got plasma, a heavy energy resisted alien would kill you.. If u got an energy resisted armour, u would die against an alien with ballistic weapon.

XNT didnt use these well. This game cant use tactical branches.. A long ranged team wont able to breach an ufo or building, even u got much TU it wont save you against any alien comes from your back. You need to tough, carefull, well armoured and got right weapon.. There is no sneak too.. aliens are always sneaker then you with TD AI.. Even u made the branchs you talk about, ppl will choose the mostly same one after some tries.

At X-Division, if u got wrong weapon against wrong enemy, your tech is not so important. You need to bring 4 damage type weapons with u..

But i liked your miniboss idea. I want to do it as an expansion to this mod.. i will add special ranks like assassin, saboteur and more.. even with their own unique ufos..

i know they are just temporale names...but i dont like the weapon line names..it sounds too much human..but of course they are just a classification made by the humans itself.

you should have aircraftweapons.xml at xdivision directory. and twin cannon got sprites.. are u sure about your install?

Actually, my flamethrower carrying soldier is invisible and weapons make no sounds. The AWACS craft also has no sprite.

I do have aircraftweapons.xml there but that file does not list actual stats (only code I don't understand) nor is there any mention of the word "twin". It's all stuff like this:

<Data ss:Type="String">aircraft/aircombat/weapons/light_singular</Data>

</Cell>

-<Cell>

<Data ss:Type="String">Yes</Data>

</Cell>

-<Cell>

<Data ss:Type="String">No</Data>

</Cell>

-<Cell>

<Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data>

</Cell>

-<Cell>

<Data ss:Type="Number">900</Data>

</Cell>

-<Cell>

<Data ss:Type="Number">1100</Data>

Something must be wrong with my install but I don't know what. I put the XDivision folder into assets/mods as instructed, then extracted the contents of the hotfix into the XDivison folder. I then activated the mod with the XCE launcher, disabling any non-default, gameplay altering XCE mods (I have XCE Settings and XCE Balance active. Is that a problem?).

here is no sneak too.. aliens are always sneaker then you with TD AI..

Well we didn't even start implementing idea.It just stayed idea.Also I had given you only example and concerning AI the latest script (from v6 ) is re-written by me.For example xenomorphs (weakiest) will act more like predators (sneaking,run and hide,ambush and be more individual rather than to run in pack). Solution to this is to lower resistance or number of this nasty creatures.Sneaking isn't an option true because AI was programmed to "listen" soldier position.This is like a signal which gives AI general direction but not real position of soldier (this prevents AI from cheating).Also have you notice how aliens are always nearby your landing ?This is because TD set it that way for challenge and more immerse feeling but this can be easily changed,I didn't change because I like it.However if you reduce globally alien awareness of it's surrounding and set their start position to be farther from landing point you get sort of "sneaking/scouting" (that is in open space battle not in UFO's and against late game aliens).

But u missed the weapon damage type opportunity. Even u got plasma, a heavy energy resisted alien would kill you.. If u got an energy resisted armour, u would die against an alien with ballistic weapon.

At X-Division, if u got wrong weapon against wrong enemy, your tech is not so important. You need to bring 4 damage type weapons with u..

What I said is possible however it needs some work also what is stopping you developing 4 damage type weapons for each "tactical branch " but they differ in stats which is related to which branch they belong.

A long ranged team wont able to breach an ufo or building

Let's stick with light tactical branch , so I gave long range weapons as example but why not creat a light weapons for close quarters (maybe as one of early sub tiers) ?

However after all this was just suggestion one that has potential but If you don't like no hard feelings

@Leiska

I do have aircraftweapons.xml there but that file does not list actual stats (only code I don't understand) nor is there any mention of the word "twin". It's all stuff like this:

Twin Cannon is TOWERCANNON in xml file and also you should open aircraftweapons in Excel if you have.If not you will have little trouble understanding what stats of weapons but this is how you should read:

First take a look:

[b]1.<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Name</Data></Cell>   2.<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Type</Data></Cell>   3.<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Damage</Data></Cell>[/b]   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Range</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">RateOfFire</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">AmmoCapacity</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">FiringArc</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">FiringMode</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">LockTime</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Image</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ProjSpeed</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ProjTurnRate</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ProjImage</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ProjName</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">LaunchSFX</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ImpactSFX</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ACImage</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ArcVisible</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">TargetMissiles</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">TargetCount</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">AutoresolveStrength_Roll</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">AutoresolveStrength_NoRoll</Data></Cell>  </Row>

This are the characteristic of each weapon,now let's take look at TOWERCANNON (a.k.a Twin Cannon)

[b]1.<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">AV.TOWERCANNON</Data></Cell>   2.<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Cannon</Data></Cell>   3.<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">3</Data></Cell>[/b]   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1800</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0.07</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">100</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">360</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Auto</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">weapons/airplane/tower_cannon</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">50000</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">aircraft/aircombat/bullet</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Bullet</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Cannon</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:Index="17"><Data ss:Type="String">aircraft/aircombat/weapons/cannon_vulcan</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Yes</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">No</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">400</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">400</Data></Cell>

Pay attention to line numbers (1,2,3) and notice what I tried to show you.Line 1 is name,line 2 is type,line 3 damage, line 4 would be range,line 5 rate of fire, line 6 ammo capacity .... and so on.

Also if some sprites and sounds are missing then,you didn't install mod properly I can guarantee you that.

Edited by Sentelin