(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

As Alewalek said but I think it's old,very old version (very first).BW reported to me couple of problems but I had never found time to fix them mostly because everything was in order and I didn't feel eager for goose chase.

That said reason for release delay are:

1.Two critical problems that are still unsolved

2.My "retirement" from modding,so currently only two people are modding actively and only one tester.

3.Kabill has gone on short "hiatus" so he can't provide support to team regarding two critical problems so this will drag for some time.

Edited by Sentelin

Hi everyone,

First a great thank you to the modding team!

I've been scouring the orignal XNT post looking for the 5.31 firebat download but I absolutely cannot find the link. I downloaded the hotfix but I don't think that's it, is it? Or were all download links removed until the new version is out?

Pardon my ignorance and thank you!

I ask you a bit of patience, we are working on heavy rebalance of the mod and solving critical issues.

In some days we will have a new build release.

Thank you guys for all your support.

Your awesome!

NP man, please take you time, in fact if you need help with text or something let me know. I haven't tried the mod yet but what i have seen in screen shots it looks awsome, good job mate

I don't quite understand why you'd remove the download link for the last version until you actually had a finished product to upload in it's place. As it stands I can't play Xenophobia because it requires XNT to be installed.

Why don't you keep an archive? Just a list of older versions for players running compilation/compatibilities or older editions of Xenonauts (for whatever reason that might be.)

Are you sure Xenophobia requires XNT? I think it switched over to onstaller in process of disaassociation. Either way, think they are removing old links to prevent confusion on reporting, and perhaps online storage issue as well. Actually, I am not sure of there is archive fpr old version pf vanilla game either... Sorry for typo cell phones keyboard suck

Think V1.5.0 came out after link removal and no one there is having your problem so that is whag I assume, I apolpgize if I am the one misunderstanding

Well, I was getting the missing face/hand problem with the 1.5.0 Xenophobia installer, the mod info page on the forums and the Nexus still say that installing XNT prior to Xenophobia is necessary and the post on the forum with the same issue was solved by installing XNT first.

oh look apparently my username is wrong

Are you sure Xenophobia requires XNT?

Yeah it does. I had to engage with this a week or two ago for some bug-busting.

As an aside, I think there's a very high chance (like, 100%) that Xenophobia will no longer be compatible with XNT following the next update as a result of its modularised install and loading.

As an aside, I think there's a very high chance (like, 100%) that Xenophobia will no longer be compatible with XNT following the next update as a result of its modularised install and loading.

which kind of just drives my point home.

If the author can't-- or won't-- make the 5.3 version available, could a user please upload their own copy? I'd be mighty grateful for it.

I can send you links unless TD removed package for good,just PM me.

One more thing,I don't how long i will be able to respond to PMs so grab it now while you can.

Regarding Xenophobia,author of that mod will have to forget about XNT altogether after next update (or to get his hands dirty and start converting Xenophobia to use modular system) and build basis of Xenophobia on his own if he wants to keep his mod alive now

Edited by Sentelin