(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

I dont know why but i got nearly none problems with the difficult, off course i got a lot of cassualties,retreat like one fourth(1/4) even one third(1/3) of ground combats missions,and lost like 5 missions xD. With maybe 3 or 4 cassualties per mission,most of the times with only 1 KIA(but that was a sort of "vainilla bug" when even if your soldier dies by a c4 explosion and he could ramdonly survive and. Thankfully this was resolved with XCE 0.27 that will be included in the next release of the mod).

yes, i have to say that more than soldiers...my squad is like a demolition squad xD, i use ballistic of course,but early is just grenades and rockets,i need to keep my soldiers alive,but i just get used to kill even DELTAS with a zephyr rifle(but shooting almost 70-80 bullets to him with barely the half of bullets hit the target). And i have to say that my fav weapon is the zhepyr..i really love the g36c and for me,it proved to be really usefull so thats a plus xD.

My squad are 90% of the time composed by:

-one demolisher with c4,breachings charge,grenades and maybe a shotgun or an ak

-one rocketeer,armed with a rpg(orly? xD)

-a pyro soldier

-a COMBAT MEDIC (one soldier armed with a rifle and three medikits...four and pistol when advaced weapons make aviable

-the rest are just rifleman, with at least three mags,a medikit and grenades,LOTS OF GRENADES(and a c4 if the soldier is strong enough).

5.4 will be mostly a bugsplatting release,being directed to make the mod more modular...updated a couple of things ..applied all the new XCE features and so on.

95% accuracy single SNAPshots seem to miss _much_ more than 5%, like you can easily miss 3 out of 4 pistol shots from very close distance with top accuracy... a bug or what?

...re UFO contents: still have to adjust some ships... eg I'm in mid-November, a terror landingship assaults the city. Two "Deltas" and an "Omega" with lots of smaller bastards makes this totally impossible to win. Maybe I don't grasp the idea of this mod, though

UPD

one more question: what is the prerequisite to laser weapons? They are still unavailable for me, looks like my installation is somehow glitched/broken (I use Xenophobia mod pack)

Edited by podbelski

But what for? We all know for months that this bug exist and the only hope we have got is the Community Edition.

Because it can't be solved without some indication of when/why it's occurring (and it's still plausible it's bad look/poor RNG about which nothing can be done).

At least with the hit chance up to 100, you know that it's a bug if you miss a 100% shot. It would help mitigate any chance of people hunting around for a ghost. (To the best of my knowledge, no accuracy bug has ever actually been proven, so being able to do so would be really useful).

aren't you guys modifying the engine? I thought this kind of bug is in scope of XNT...

@kabill

savegame is attached... it's from XNT5.3.1 + Xenophopia v.1.3.9

[ATTACH]5441[/ATTACH]

No one can modify engine since it's not open source and devs drop support for it ages ago.However if you mean on Xenonauts source code..... well no.We never have found suitable C++ programmer.

We dont support xenophobia, that "add-on" includes multiple bugs and senseless addition of content that gets the player confused.

sadly, that's correct. It was my 1st try of the game. Now I'm waiting for the next XNT version to make a new installation and restart the game

No one can modify engine since it's not open source and devs drop support for it ages ago.However if you mean on Xenonauts source code..... well no.We never have found suitable C++ programmer.

hmm... I thought the engine is inside "xenonauts.exe", which is included as part of the XNT distributive

but whatever, I've got the situation

just can't wait for the next XNT version :)

Just to make it clear.

Game is made of 3 layers:

1 engine - which code is abandoned, partially bugged and not open, so any modifications are impossible.

2 game source code - which is open and is being currently modified by community coders.

3 all modable things like assets config files and so on (and this is layer where XNT team do their stuff).

In my opinion bug is located at the first layer (ofc not because I said so, but as far I remeber someone said that :) ) so forget about it.

But I may be wrong. Honestly if you are really interested in this, you should talk with community coders