How do I capture ships?

And there is no special message as to if you have captured it or not?

Edit: For the basic scout ship, there is only 2 compartments correct? Also after killing all the aliens (two of them). The after action report shows that I didn't capture the ship.

Edited by Uxion

oh. no you dont capture the ship whole.

it is broken down into relevant parts and they should apear in your stores tab in your base.

yes 2 compartments for scouts.

it should tell you what parts you recover from the ufo such as alien power supply in the popup screen after the battle.

Edited by NoIdidnt

Capturing the alien ship is an "alternative" to clearing the map. If you clear the map it doesn't give you the capture bonus, as the capture bonus is there to off-set the penalty for letting some aliens escape as they were not killed.

It's more intended for later UFOs for when you have a high casualty rate, and you're unsure how many aliens are left alive but have enough to capture the ship. At least, that's my understanding of it.

EDIT: The other purpose of it is if there is a single alien and you just can't locate it on the map, you can capture the ship instead.

Yeah, the main reason for it is to avoid what Chris refers to as Last Sectoid Syndrome; the irritating process of tracking down the last alien cowering in a tiny corner of a barn somewhere, which takes about 30 turns longer than the rest of the mission.

you need to have at least 1 soldier in each compartment (theres 2 different areas in the scouts) for 5 turns. No idea how the compartments works for Corvettes.

Are you talking about ending the ground battle through capture or are you talking about haveing the ship after the ground battle and beeing able to research it like you could in UFO:EU?

You will only be able to capture it in the first sense. You aren't able to keep it in xenonauts afaik.

Edited by Gorlom

For the scouts I only managed to find 2 aliens. I had 2 soldiers in the scout ship (1 in each compartment) before I killed the last alien. I waited for 10 turns doing nothing (the alien did nothing as well) and there was nothing that indicated that the craft was captured.

Just a hunch but the V9 is not automatically downloaded by Desura?

If you mean how to update the game to V9 if you bought it before then, it SHOULD automatically update when you launch the game. If not try the 'verify files' button in Desura to get it to re DL everything it needs.

Both aliens are outside. In the range of my snipers. I actually never saw them fire at me now that I think about it.

Alien AI is at the moment almost non-existent. About the only time I have ever had them fire at me was reaction fire...and that was normally when they had their backs turned, I was trying to sneak up on them to stun them!

EDIT: Where is my premium pre-order tag?

EDIT: NVM, Search feature works great!

Edited by Spectarz

Did you move any soldiers out of the comparmnets during the turns you were waiting for capture? (did you move any around inside?)

Did the mission end when you killed the 2 aliens you found or could thre be an issue with an invisible alien somewhere inside the UFO?