Forcing an alien base?

Has anyone come up with a reliable method for getting an alien base to be built? Seems like every time I leave a UFO alone that isn't generating events, it ends up being a terror mission instead of a construction mission. I vaguely recall reading at one point that letting more scout missions through will generate construction missions, but I've not had much luck so far.

I always get my first base in November*. Yes, its in a place with no radar coverage. The base appears before the landing shits do. (which is weird)

This is the third post from you where you call them landing shits. Is this some kind of written Tourette's or do you really hate them?

This is the third post from you where you call them landing shits. Is this some kind of written Tourette's or do you really hate them?

I dont like how they land when my migs come, then take off and shoot my dropship. The way I wanna bomb them could be against the law.

I always get my first base in November*. Yes, its in a place with no radar coverage. The base appears before the landing shits do. (which is weird)
I think that's a typo...anyway, if you don't have radar coverage you probably didn't detect the ship that built the base. I've never seen one appear without a ship landing first.

I think that's a typo...anyway, if you don't have radar coverage you probably didn't detect the ship that built the base. I've never seen one appear without a ship landing first.

This is possible, ive seen corvettes in October, so a single landing shit could appear in Nov and found a base somewhere out of coverage, but every time?

Its not a typo.

If he's never seen a base yet, he wouldn't be able to build it.

In my case, I just had one appear up in Greenland where I (perhaps fortunately) didn't have coverage. Saw the first one in December.

Precisely the problem... until you get your first base, you're missing two semi-important (admittedly not essential) researches. I've been trying to let suspected constructors through, but I just hit February and I've had 4 terror missions and 0 bases as a result.

Just finally got base. So, thing is, they build bases even inside coverage, thought, finding out, which one will be that, is hard. One good point is, that they fly almost always above earth, not like others, which just pick random points in map, or go for the city. As well, good tactic is just destroy everything else and leave corvettes last (Or landing ships, but it might have risk of terror missions or just basic vandalism. You don't want that). There's good chance, that they'll land by time you're ready to take them down.

As well, other option is not touching corvettes some hours. If they don't disturb locals, than it's definitely builder. Beware, if they don't land in closest 24 hours, it could be risky to leave them more.

If they don't disturb locals, than it's definitely builder.

I shot them all so fast, I likely missed those that dont make a mess. If such exist, this could be the solution to the founders problem. How stupid can I be to miss such things even after playing so much... :D