Terror Missions: 2 Questions

Just had my first terror mission in a long time. A new popup at the beginning of the mission informed me that after 20 turns the map would be revealed, and there would be a "small bonus" for saving civilians in the area.

1. On the mission debrief screen, there was no bonus for the surviving civvies/local forces noted. The cash that I got was all from equipment sales. Is this bonus realized via an undisclosed boost to the region relations?

2. Map did not reveal after 20 turns. Bug, or was it because this was a night mission, and the reveal still left those tiles blackened?

Terror missions are supposed to give you a relations boost with the nation they occurred in, so I'd guess the remaining civ count would influence that. Not speaking from any definitive knowledge on this though; next time I get a terror mission I might try some A/B testing to see what happens

The reveal has worked (for me at least) although I'm pretty sure the alien didn't pop up as "spotted". I was wondering myself during a terror mission, where I had estimated more than 20 turns had passed. After moving up to the last building and ending my turn before the breach, the little bugger is revealed infront of my eyes. Now, if I hadn't been watching that building specifically, I don't think I would've noticed at all, and I'm pretty sure it didn't show up on the target "spotted" list until I had managed to get LOS on it. My guess is that is where the issue lies. Oh and yes, AFAIK the tiles should be revealed, but the fog of war is not lifted, as the aerial craft only does a reconnaissance fly-by, if that makes sense? At least that is how I explained it.

Just had my first terror mission in a long time. A new popup at the beginning of the mission informed me that after 20 turns the map would be revealed, and there would be a "small bonus" for saving civilians in the area.

1. On the mission debrief screen, there was no bonus for the surviving civvies/local forces noted. The cash that I got was all from equipment sales. Is this bonus realized via an undisclosed boost to the region relations?

2. Map did not reveal after 20 turns. Bug, or was it because this was a night mission, and the reveal still left those tiles blackened?

The mission results are supposed to affect your relations score, which increases your funding from that region. I can't confirm if the mission results affect that or not.

I had the map reveal for me on a day mission, but the alien revealed icon does not appear until you establish LOS with one of your soldiers.

There's something wonky about map reveals. I hit an alien base the other day, and before long the map was revealed, along with the implied positions of three aliens (spotted with orange icon). Everything was covered in fog of war, but I could see the entire layout of the base.

According to the briefing, it's a bonus I'm supposed to get once I reach a special room (the command room?), but my soldiers were very far from it when it happened. They were barely through the corridors connecting the entry elevator to the rest of the facility.

Well, if there is in fact a bonus to your regional relations for saving civvies, it'd be nice if the pre-mission briefing made that clear. Right now it just says you'll get a "small bonus" without specifying how much or how this bonus is granted.

And a reveal that doesn't lift the fog of war and doesn't give you at least a directional indication of where any remaining aliens might be is essentially purposeless.

[raises voice] Hey Solver! Hey bro think you can a look at this? ;)