[v1.03 Ground Combat] Seb shooting through a wall

I just lost two soldiers to an alien I could not see shooting through a wall. I moved my scout car around to see if I could replicate it, and I could.

Here is the savegame: [ATTACH]4072[/ATTACH]

Steps to replicate:

1. Load game.

2. Center screen on the hunter.

3. Press end turn.

The seb hiding behind the wall will shoot at the scout car, his plasma shots going directly through the wall. He might have LOS, but it is irrelevant as there is something else going on, as two of my soldiers were shot directly through the wall without seeing any aliens.

aimbot.sav

aimbot.sav

Edited by legit1337

He's not actually shooting through a wall. He's got a clear line of fire by leaning around the wall, it's just the projectile is drawn on top of the first wall (they may actually be drawn on top of everything).

He's not actually shooting through a wall. He's got a clear line of fire by leaning around the wall, it's just the projectile is drawn on top of the first wall (they may actually be drawn on top of everything).

Thanks, I thought that might be an explanation. But it does not explain the two troopers I lost to plasma fire through the wall of that building.

I don't know how many times I've been nailed by an alien from a position I couldn't hit him from. If the alien can lean around a corner to shoot someone then our troops should be able too. I don't get this design choice.

This is an example where I couldn't hit the alien but he could hit me.

xenonauts 2014-06-12 08-48-39-77.jpg

xenonauts 2014-06-12 08-48-39-77.jpg

577e7cf38c1d4_xenonauts2014-06-1208-48-3