Armor Loss

Before I put this up as a bug I wanted to check and make sure if its supposed to be happening or not. I'm finding myself going through a lot of wolf armor, looks like its being destroyed when my soldiers die sometimes, but not always. Is this a bug or is it just unlucky?

EDIT: And by a ton, I mean I've manufactured about 15 suits of it before unlocking Plasma Weapons, and I've only got five left.

I'm really not certain what's supposed to happen with equipment when soldiers die.

In my own experience, I lose weapons but I always get armour back. I've had squad-wipes where I've lost weapons but still have all my suits of armour! So losing a lot of armour seems odd to me. Out of wonder, have you had a lot of soldiers die to explosive weapons? Probably not, but worth checking as that might be responsible.

I'm really not certain what's supposed to happen with equipment when soldiers die.

In my own experience, I lose weapons but I always get armour back. I've had squad-wipes where I've lost weapons but still have all my suits of armour! So losing a lot of armour seems odd to me. Out of wonder, have you had a lot of soldiers die to explosive weapons? Probably not, but worth checking as that might be responsible.

Almost none of them in point of fact. it would account for three or four of the lost suits true, but that leaves quite a few that are apparently just falling apart under plasma fire. Which really isn't all that hard to believe, I'd just like it explained is all.

You shouldn't ever lose weapons or armour unless your soldier is killed by an overdamage weapon...and the aliens shouldn't have any of those (gibbing and overdamage are different things in the code). So this is a bug if it is happening.

You shouldn't ever lose weapons or armour unless your soldier is killed by an overdamage weapon...and the aliens shouldn't have any of those (gibbing and overdamage are different things in the code). So this is a bug if it is happening.

What about getting gibbed by a Reaper?

Just had another mission that lost me 5 sets of Wolf armor when Androns massacred my squad with Heavy Plasmas trying to take the bridge. No explosives involved.

Edited by Irishguy117

No thats not it. I just noticed when I immediately got back from a mission I had four suits of wold armor left. When I went to equip my guys, all of them were missing. Now I'm thoroughly confused. I think it has something to do with hiring new recruits, when the new guys showed up is when the armor disappeared. One of my guys came home wearing his wolf armor and even that suit is gone.

I'm still on V1.0 so it might be this is tied to the same error that was producing the equip screen crash?

Edited by Irishguy117

"Setting default equipment" to have a soldier wearing armor might be the culprit. When they arrive they are auto-equipped with armor.

Yeah I thought about that too. But it doesn't explain where all the armor ultimately went though, look at the screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/YBYC6 (I can't upload it directly, says the files are too large)

Also this guy: http://i.imgur.com/biYXfT9.png The only other survivor of my most recent debacle, came back wearing his armor, so it definitely wasn't destroyed in combat. But when he got out of the med bay Poof, no more Wolf Armor.

Edited by Irishguy117