Base Prices

I want to say that I find it a bit excessive at 1 000 000$

Am I alone to feel they are too expensive?

It is a nightmare at some extent to get a functional base with enough interception capabilities I don't even speak about getting a TacTeam of fully equipped operatives in each base.

The base price is very high.

And after that there is the maintenance of the base to afford while the money is dropping or stay roughly at the same level.

As an example

Base 1 000 000

1 F17 100 000

2 Mig32 400 000

1 500 000 and I don't even bought the hangars yet, neither the radar array, a living room, operatives, armors and weapons. a Fully functional base is about 2 000 000 to spent and I still do not take in consideration the maintenance.

the first ship to be interesting are the corvettes because they can grant a nice reward of ~50 000$ in the early game. But As I do not have 20 TacTeams I won't investigate and risk all my people on every crash site

So technically I have an enormous need in cash, my money never cease to drop until I lost 2 or 3 regions as I can't provide sufficient air coverage and my maintenance is continuously increasing.

I personally like the high price and think expanding was too easy previously. Money should be a very limited resource you have to spend carefully. You still get enough money to expand once every month and you'll have enough money left to invest in further Infrastructure and equipment.

Sure, you have to get as many cash as you can get from assaulting any crashed and landed UFO if you want to keep your workshop(s) running. But I gernerally think that failing the game, especially with iron man mode, should be a real possibility. The aliens should win if you don't play effective enough.

I agree bases must not be an easy stuff. And losing is part of the fun IMO :D

But wouldn't it be a bit better to put the prices on the maintenance cost or the price of the (some?) extensions. Meaning your bases must be profitable on a "not so long" run if you want to keep your workshops runnings.

Dunno if there is enough time left to test and balance a new system but I think the current one isn't that bad. I can also promise you that it get better once you managed to survive the first 2-3 months, built 3 bases and secured the global airspace. But you should economically plan out the first 3 months in advance if you want to succeed in the higher difficulties in iron man :)