Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Infested Inc.

Ah the sortpoint on mine were all the same as well, must have been something else I altered and didn't remember.

It looks like the changes you make to the spectre will be stored in that submap if mine are any indication.
    I don't know if that will be the same when you pass it around though or if it is just on your system.
    Devil's Advocate and forum moderator

Exactly why I didn't want to have to change any of the specters. I have no idea how the game handles them.

There's a few doors and several props I've been avoiding because their pivot and offset are extremely incorrect.

Could you make a list of what items you are avoiding? If Chris isn't interested in it other mapmakers might be.

I'll try my best.

Perhaps someone running the latest build could compare them and quickly fix any inaccuracies for both builds? I'd imagine that would work in everyone's favor.

EDIT: I've noticed that almost universally all the damaged tile variations appear to be offset incorrectly in the editor. Is this a problem with the editor or are they really out of alignment?

EDIT 2: I've gone through a good majority of the tiles that are out-of-alignment and every single damaged/destroyed version of a tile is out of alignment. However, there are four tiles that are undamaged which are misaligned as well. These are:

industrial/Office/OfficeDoorClosedNE
    industrial/Office/OfficeDoorClosedNW
    industrial/Office/OfficeDoorClosedSE
    industrial/Office/OfficeDoorClosedSW

In addition, all of the DoorOpen (of all doors, not just the above) tiles are misaligned as well.

I have only really used tiles from the industrial set, however, excluding the hedges. There may be more than I do not yet know about.
    Last edited by Destro; 06-25-2012 at 03:34.

I've found several other misaligned tiles:

industrial/props/HalfTarp1x1_NWSE
    industrial/props/BarrelPalletA_1x1_NESW
    industrial/props/BarrelPalletA_1x1_NWSE
    industrial/props/BarrelPalletB_1x1_NWSE
    industrial/props/BoxPalletA_1x1_NESW
    industrial/props/BoxPalletB_1x1_NESW

In addition, BoxPalletA_1x1_NESW and BoxPalletA_1x1_NWSE are exact copies of each other, with no apparent difference.

Still have a lot of props yet to check.

Whenever you make changes to spectres to affects all of the items in the game that use that spectre. There are currently a lot of typos in the spectres which results in weird situations in the game (especially with the Scout). I would not be shy about correcting them. There was an instance when I went through an entire set of spectres for some of the old buildings and fixed them. I uploaded them and Chris implemented them which fixed many of the spectre problems at that time (since then the tiles have changed and I haven't fiddled with them again). At this point they are simply adding tiles and will be going back and fixing them later.

It does look exciting. Going to try it out for sure.
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

So my power supply died, and it took them roughly a week and a half to ship me a new one. That will probably delay me finishing the map because of a small backlog of other stuff, but I can now work on it when I feel like it again, at least.

Your title (Infested) cunjures up the image of when Ripley enters the queens lair in Aliens with all the eggs, and she has to destroy them all. It might be a good idea for a map where you have that situation and you have a frag-fest - killing as many as you can!

I'm going to say there are 8 Xenonauts on the map, considering the health bars of them all on the ui.