Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Ten wants

Awards:
    Posting Award

Top Ten wants

Just thinking about the top ten things I'd like to see off the top of my head. SOme may be on their way, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway...

Increased Map variations – Arctic, desert etc. up to the number of XCom ones

Enhanced Geoscape events, in parallel with UFO activity, showing the panic, or cooperation, within the funding nations as the invasion progresses.

Training to be enhanced to ensure that you don’t spend the last third of the game with cookie cutter soldiers.

Variation between funding nations – with geography, expertise and cold war influence affecting various facilities, buying & selling

A more detailed Geoscape with more cities on it.

Female soldiers, if only in the base pictures – coming with $200 000 I see

Enhanced solder screen enabling room for call signs, character roles, and possibly player notes.

Enhanced alien artefacts – more to their culture/goodies than just power sources and alloys. Can be looped into research

Being able to track alien influence on funding nations – colours on Geoscape or enhanced funding nation info

Remove soldier from selection and force onto next soldier when going through soldiers on Battlescape

Oh, and to help for post release...

Mod – Ticker & events to be moddable
    Mod – Psionics to be moddable preferably with a graphic of a Psi Amp & Psi Lab to be handy
    Mod – weapon effects to be added beyond what is there – electrical arcing for example?

Alas tech, pilot and engineering skills are probably huge, but enhanced training would almost be the same as Soldier skills.

What would make everyone else's list?
    Last edited by thothkins; 05-11-2012 at 08:24.

All I want is a forest or jungle map. I don't care if it doesn't look very natural.

Sergeant
    Actually you have tundra instead of artic. Desert is in Xenonauts as old X-com. The ones missing are, mountain, jungle, artic and forest.

I could do without Jungle and mountain actually, it would be nice. But i asked Chris and he stated that making biological stuff like trees and such looking good with this tileset system wasnt easy. And mountain i just found quite boring in X-com.

But this was before the kickstarter. I hope that he make a change of mind now. I for one would really like forest (wilderness) and artic atleast. Since these ones cover large portions of the earth.

And yes pilots and crews with stats for vehicles i would really want also. Would be awesome. Although i don't know how it would be made in a good way for fighter pilots.

Cheers!

Don't forget the beach - Miami Beach, Bondi Beach just to mention a couple of famous places.

(I am both serious and have a few toughs in my head of what the soldiers could do too )

Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by oracle1990 View Post
    Don't forget the beach - Miami Beach, Bondi Beach just to mention a couple of famous places.
    What about the fjords then? Dont you want a fjord tileset??

Quote Originally Posted by Voidfoam View Post
    Narf!

Hurry someone call slartibartfast! we need a fjord designer!

Nah - I just have to look out the window to see that...

Nuke It From Orbit! Corporal Hicks's Avatar
    Wow, can't belive there won't be jungle or artic maps!! They must add it... I agree, even if it doesn't look very natural, who cares??

Visible damage on aircraft in hangar after battle - gradually disappearing with repairs (similar to MIG building).
    Pilot ejection from destroyed interceptors & rescue missions