Xenonauts follow-on?

Not sure if the OP knows about this, but there's a Starship Troopers RTS game that was released in the 90s, that is pretty good..in fact so far it's the most accurate depiction of being the leader of a platoon of SST I've ever seen, it mixes elements of the movie (It uses the dropship infiltration instead of the Drop pods, some of the weapons, and the basic armor) and some from the book (Marauders, and some other stuff..)

It's kind of old, and while it's not a turn based game, It recreates the world beautifully, Just...make sure to keep your soldiers running, and bring explosives...those firebugs? will END you if you don't have explosives with you.

Not sure if the OP knows about this, but there's a Starship Troopers RTS game that was released in the 90s, that is pretty good..in fact so far it's the most accurate depiction of being the leader of a platoon of SST I've ever seen, it mixes elements of the movie (It uses the dropship infiltration instead of the Drop pods, some of the weapons, and the basic armor) and some from the book (Marauders, and some other stuff..)

It's kind of old, and while it's not a turn based game, It recreates the world beautifully, Just...make sure to keep your soldiers running, and bring explosives...those firebugs? will END you if you don't have explosives with you.

I have that game. Not the greatest, but certainly not bad either. I had to do a LOT of reloading in that game...

Endersblade

You are totally right. You want to get more and more techs weapons enemies to continue to play. For this reason I think it the game should be created for long period. So I will make the progress of the aliens more slower so u will have time to research more..

But this game got 4 tier.. but I finished this at the beginning of the plasma tier.. I didn't feel any need ofof more tier because all tiers are more dmg of before... so even I have 15 tier more.. would it be fun?

You can do many things with modding.. you can add whatever u want.. u can make it longer too.. but u would need more variety more then just tons of same weapons..

yup. variety is the spice of life. it was the first thing I modded in the game. each tier of weapons has its pluses and minuses, and while you're not going to be using a standard pistol endgame, I made it so even lasers had their uses.

even with just 4 tiers, there was a lot to play with.

-made basic weps even lighter, and made some of them take up less backpack space (sawed-off shotty for example at 4x2 instead of 5x2).

-made lasers have highest accuracy and best range, but even lower ammo and slow reload times. great for rookies you are looking to train up and still do some damage, or to snipe with precision at range.

-made plasma have same range and accuracy as standard weps, but quicker (less tus) and faster to reload.

-made mags with slightly better range, same accuracy, and much faster reload, but very heavy, and slower to fire than basic weps.

even changed the singularity cannon so it was so heavy, you could only carry enough ammo to reload it 3 times (ammo heavier as well, so others would suffer if they carried it for you), and so big (6x2) you couldn't fit it in a backpack.

the only thing I didn't change was the base damage of each.

so, all in all, I found a mix of things to be useful from mid game all the way to the last battle.

I genuinely had a lot of fun modding this.

yup. variety is the spice of life. it was the first thing I modded in the game. each tier of weapons has its pluses and minuses, and while you're not going to be using a standard pistol endgame, I made it so even lasers had their uses.

even with just 4 tiers, there was a lot to play with.

-made basic weps even lighter, and made some of them take up less backpack space (sawed-off shotty for example at 4x2 instead of 5x2).

-made lasers have highest accuracy and best range, but even lower ammo and slow reload times. great for rookies you are looking to train up and still do some damage, or to snipe with precision at range.

-made plasma have same range and accuracy as standard weps, but quicker (less tus) and faster to reload.

-made mags with slightly better range, same accuracy, and much faster reload, but very heavy, and slower to fire than basic weps.

even changed the singularity cannon so it was so heavy, you could only carry enough ammo to reload it 3 times (ammo heavier as well, so others would suffer if they carried it for you), and so big (6x2) you couldn't fit it in a backpack.

the only thing I didn't change was the base damage of each.

so, all in all, I found a mix of things to be useful from mid game all the way to the last battle.

I genuinely had a lot of fun modding this.

This is not hard to mod.. the weapon behaviour changes depending the modder.. So if u want something speical, sometimes you need to it yourself.. like me :)