(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V5.3 - "The Firebat" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

I'm pretty sure the walking viper (alpha) doesn't give any tech.

After you get electroshock grenades, it's pretty easy to capture an alpha, or a delta by spamming them, though will take casualties.

@Theoderich: yeah, that's what I thought after getting a few hundred batteries from my first landingship crashsite, but then got over 1000 and was pretty sure it wasn't intended.

@Cortlendt: In my experience, you can capture everything except Androns, their drones, and viper egg sacs... Pretty sure you can stun gargols, though don't think there's any reason to do so. I usually just explode and/or burn all the melee aliens (a surprisingly large number of times, I've failed to kill a delta with explosives only for it to die in the fire it's standing on during its turn, haha).

Edit: Yep, stunned a gargol, got a Stunned Gargol. I used... a plasma carbine. Pretty hard to do with electroshock grenades.

By stun grenades, do you mean the purple gas grenades? On the alien turn, aliens that move through it take Stun damage, so just find alien(s) holed up in a room, toss in some gas and watch the doors. Some units are immune to it, should be pretty easy to work out which.

Aliens become unconscious when they take Stun damage exceeding their max HP, as far as I know, not sure if that damage fades over time, though.

Edited by Zelius

Lots of stuff can only be effectively stunned if you wear down their armour first I think. Just going with prods at a Praetor yielded nothing, doing single digit stun damages per hit. But after 2 blasts with a plasma carabine the prods did stuns in the upper 20s. ( Killed it anyway in the end. Because a dead it went to research, alive it was sold. For 15k though.

Is there a good tech tree for this mod?

Because I already gave up for the second time due to having nothing to research.

I had no more after laser weapons(not heavy if they exist), hunter tank, jackal, caesian, sybilian, mig, shrike.

I remember having buzzard and the one before it but I dont remember what was needed for it.

Is there a good tech tree for this mod?

Because I already gave up for the second time due to having nothing to research.

I had no more after laser weapons(not heavy if they exist), hunter tank, jackal, caesian, sybilian, mig, shrike.

I remember having buzzard and the one before it but I dont remember what was needed for it.

Some stuff gets unlocked by dissasembling of ship cores from corvette onwards.

But nevertheless, depending on what you find on the battlefield techs can be difficult. I for one got plasma weapons, including the heavy ones for aircrafts, but never had had heavy lasers, and researched the bigger laser sniper and the advanced laser pistol after having heavy plasma and plasma explosives :)

Does anyone have problem where getting your soldiers gibbed means guaranteed survival? Not sure if it's the problem only on my end or someone else also has it.

Edit: Oh wow, dismissed soldiers can join the recruitment pool. Didn't know that!

Edited by ventuswings

Maybe he means killed by explosions in GC, in which case a survival shown in the results screen would be suspicious?

Are those explosions caused by alien grenades or heavy plasma weapons ventuswings?

Or is it a vortex weapon, in which case the soldier is probably stunned, not dead and could even be "revived" on the battlefield using a medkit.

I had a soldier killed by C4 explosion survive with 33 days of injury in two consecutive missions. More confusing are the case where grenade friendly fire blew my soldier to pieces, yet he was shown as alive without any injuries after the mission. I decided to grenade another Xenonaut to death on another mission just in case, but that guy also reassembled himself without a scratch after the mission ended. :confused:

Hi, first of all, congrats for this amazing mod, for me is the ultimate for this game as soon as i tried it. I played in my days the original ufo: enemy unknown and this is the first game (with this mod, noy without it) that beats the original.

Some questions and issues:

1.- Are you planning to introduce proximity mines and some kind of motion scanner? (like in the original game)

2.- How can i distinguish between a dead Xnt or an unconscious one without walking above it?

3.- This is crazy, but do you think it is possible to, in the future, expand the game making it possible to have bases in Moon and Mars? I mean, is it moddable or does it need a complete remake of the game?

Regards

2.- How can i distinguish between a dead Xnt or an unconscious one without walking above it?

Regards

Ad 1. I think somone ask before about that and answear was that it is imposible.

Ad2. Press his corespoding nuber 1-0 and lokk there is any Hp left if yes he is alaive.

Well, actually there's two versions of Xenonauts lying on the ground, 'Dead' ones who may survive their injuries after the battle, and if you walk over them their sprite is quite bloody, and 'Unconscious' ones who have gone down from taking too much Stun damage and can, in fact, be revived by a medikit during GC, by using a medikit on the square and ending the turn.

I can't actually remember the last time I had a xenonaut's body blown up (I retrieve them before I explode the nearby area), I'm gonna try this out.

It seems laser pistol has some kind of bug. 2 times I had odds to hit over 60% and first 4 shots was mised( I was thinking odd- but posible) 5th hit the target. Then i reached target in another GC and had 91% and same 4th mises 5th hit.

If somone can check whats the ptoblem (if any) there. Thanks.