[V15.1 - Ground Comabt] Terror Site/Landing Ship Crash Missing Sprites, possibly CTD.

The following sprite sets are missing:

Caesan/soldiersupport/AlienSniperPlasma

Caesan/soldiersupport/AlienPlasmaCannon

Sebillian/SoldierSupport/AlienPlasma Cannon

Possibly causing CTD crashes on Terror Sites/Crash sites from Landing Ships, as I've managed to spot and kill "invisible" aliens equipped with sniper rifles and plasma cannons before they can shoot (went and looked at the corpses), but when I don't manage to kill them I tend to find the game CTD's shortly after I hit end turn.

Testing now by replacing the soldier_spector for both Caesan and Sebillian with their respective ones for soldier/AlienHeavyPlasmaRifle to see if it's that causing the CTDs.

Update:

As it was a Sebillan heavy mission, I can't verify the Caesan test, but I can verify that the there was a crash being caused by Sebellian/Soldier/Support/AlienPlasmaCannon being missing, as replacing that specific solider_spectre with a working one solved it.

Edited by Buzzles
Success!

Yeap. That's what I did. Probably should have made that a bit clearer.

Sorry I am not that good with moddifying files. Could you explain a little bit more detailed what you copied pasted? Have seen the folders and files in them at that location and the sprite file. But is it enough to simply rename the sprite file and copy it into all subfolders of the sibellian aliens or do i need to modify the sprite file itself too?

I get this same bug but also after it crashes (which it inevitably does when there are invisible units on the map) and i reload a tacmap save all non xenonaut units are now invisible, cops civvies and aliens and the game will crash as soon as i either shoot an invisible alien (if i can find them) or as soon as i hit end turn (i get the feeling this is because a cop will shoot an alien) Do you think the fix will solve my issue as well?

Righto!

Copy paste the soldier_spectre.xml from Alien/Sebillian/Warrior/Weapon.AlienPlasmaCannon and plonk it in Sebillian/SoldierSupport/weapon.AlienPlasmaCannon

Then for Caesans, take the soldier spectre from Caesan/Soldier/weapon.AlienHeavyPlasmaRifle and put in it place of the ones in both Caesan/SoldierSupport/weapon.AlienPlasmaCannon AND Caesan/SoldierSupport/weapon.AlienSniperPlasma.

It's a bit of a bodge, especially the Caesan as they'll look like they're holding the wrong weapon, but it will result in all enemies being visible and it no longer crashing when they try and shoot.