[13.1] CTD if F-17 ordered to retreat during engagement.

1) At what point does the crash occur? Straight after you click retreat? At the point where the airplane exits the "map"?

2) Does this bug occur for every type of UFO, or just some. If just some, which ones?

3) Does this bug occur for 1, 2 or 3 F-17s? For more than 1 F-17, does it occur if you click retreat for just 1, more than 1, or just 1 and more than 1?

4) Does this bug also occur for MiGs? and if it does, is it the same conditions?

5) Does this bug occur for a mixture of MiGs and F-17s? And if it does, is it the same conditions?

6) Do you get a crash dump file? If you do, please attach it.

7) Can you reproduce this, and what steps would a developer have to take to reproduce the bug?

duplicate of: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/2543-v13-Aircombat-Game-closes-if-I-press-retreat-in-air-combat

and about 4 others... please check the bug reports before posting a new one... it's no good having 10 threads all proclaiming details about the same bug, we need to have all the details relevant to each issue in one place so Chris et al. can spend less time searching the bug forums for details and spend more time fixing the actual bugs.

1) At what point does the crash occur? Straight after you click retreat? At the point where the airplane exits the "map"?

2) Does this bug occur for every type of UFO, or just some. If just some, which ones?

3) Does this bug occur for 1, 2 or 3 F-17s? For more than 1 F-17, does it occur if you click retreat for just 1, more than 1, or just 1 and more than 1?

4) Does this bug also occur for MiGs? and if it does, is it the same conditions?

5) Does this bug occur for a mixture of MiGs and F-17s? And if it does, is it the same conditions?

7) Can you reproduce this, and what steps would a developer have to take to reproduce the bug?

Just got the Crash on a "normal" Scout Ship, I got a usually equipped F17, no crash file. I´ve been played for about one hour / about one Week ingame time.

[aaaagh, how annoying]

No one expects the

Spanish Inquisition!

Dude, I gave the information necessary to repeat the bug. If I thought more info was needed I would have given it. Who appointed you the police bug report police?

If you feel threatened (why?) by me asking for more information, then you are at liberty to ignore my post. The "information" you provide seems very clear to you, as you were the person who saw the bug in a specific situation. But you don't provide any information on what that situation is, or the situation leading up to the bug, so someone who takes up your bug report has very little to go on when reproducing the bug. I mean what, reading that, does it mean that it crashes straight away when I click the retreat button? Does it crash when the retreating plane gets to the edge of the map? Does it crash when I simply click on the plane and redirect it to go to the edge of the map? So it crashes for F-17s. Does that mean that MiGs get a free pass?

Do you want the bug fixed? Or do you prefer having the developers waste time flailing about in the darkness?

If Goldenhawk needs more than I posted I'm sure they'll ask me. My original post is exactly what happened and all the info I could remember. An F-17 (1) was engaged, I pressed X and it ejected me to the desktop. I'm not a tester or a programmer for Goldenhawk. I have no desire to run through every iteration of problem because it's time consuming. I just want to play for fun. I get enough debugging and code tracing at work to last a lifetime. You came across as Sgt. Friday questioning a suspect if you want more info try the retreat button yourself. If you work for Goldenhawk let me know.

Ok, That was unexpected and overly defensive of StellarRat. There really is no nee to defend yourself as noone has accused you of anything.

If Goldenhawk needs more than I posted I'm sure they'll ask me. My original post is exactly what happened and all the info I could remember. An F-17 (1) was engaged, I pressed X and it ejected me to the desktop. I'm not a tester or a programmer for Goldenhawk. I have no desire to run through every iteration of problem because it's time consuming. I just want to play for fun. I get enough debugging and code tracing at work to last a lifetime. You came across as Sgt. Friday questioning a suspect if you want more info try the retreat button yourself. If you work for Goldenhawk let me know.

This statement is perplexing to me. f you want this game to be fun wouldn't you want to help them fix bugs faster? if you push the time consuming part (that you can do) onto the developer the bug is going to take longer to fix.

I mean you have taken the time to report this bug in the first place... I'm jsut a bit confused that is all. I'm not accusing or demanding or anything like that.

yes i get this error the cdt occures for me when i ckick the popup interface.

i have had it occur on fighters,light scouts,scouts (*so i would assume it does it on all attacks)

i even had finished killing alien ship but window popped up before battle ended, as soon as i clicked on return to base box it cdt'ed

as far as i can tell the game is still working fine as long as i dont click the box(*but oviously games is paused till u make a choise)

*just tried a few options fight will continue if you click to lose the aircraft however, once you win/lose the battle

the game cdt. (*the fight i tried i ran the planes totally out of fuel till they crashed)

one new development i have seen is even if i click to lose my planes due to low fuel and they all get shot down/destroyed

the game leaves the air combat graphics up and returns to main geo screen(i can only tell by bottom right corner.

when i hit the escape button i can call up the menu to leave,load,save,,ect but at this point the game is corrupted and all kind of errors can occure.

some i have witnessed is :mostly any option cdt the game

one where i was at base menu(behind the air combat graphics) frozen

hidden popups behind the graphics-then cdt

****and my most liked a 2nd air combat battle where i had alien craft fighting alien craft<---my jets looked like scouts

idk what else as shortly after combat started game cdt

As soon as the X is clicked.

Scout ship so far.

This happened for No. 3 F-17. If it is relevant, the F-17 was out of sidewinders.

Unknown so far.

Unknown so far.

None. How do I get one?

So far, on my particular save.

I have same answers as above except for these bellow.

Yeah it also occurs with MIGs.

Just click on X while you are intercepting a scout.

New symptom, if of interest: It sounds as if there are two air combat simulations happening at the same time.

Occasion:

Lone F-17 told to retreat from three UFOs

Combat still engaged

Two F-17s engaged in combat, told to disengage

CTD before too long.

Interesting symptom:

It sounds as if the air combat theme is playing twice simultaneously, not quite in synch. Also, the CTD was delayed by a few seconds.

I did have multiple sets of planes going after multiple sets of UFOs, so maybe this has something to do with it.

(Is this a new enough bug that it deserves a new thread?)