[V12] Hiring Soldiers

Yeah. The pool refreshes weekly right?

[*]Soldier Hire: When you hire a soldier, you can now pick from a pool of 12 possible soldiers which is refreshed as you hire troops. This allows you to pick a soldier that suits the role you are hiring them for - though fired troops go back in the soldier pool to prevent mass hire / fire soldier cherry picking.

I'm also finding that the pool doesn't refresh as you hire soldiers. Firing works as intended tho.

Edited by Gorzahg

OK moar info: I loaded my new game where I could recruit new soldiers (although the pool doesn't refresh), I then loaded my other game where I can't recruit soldiers, but now I can. It is using the same pool for both games.

Edited by Gorzahg

I encountered this too. After some testing I have found that:

1) If I attempted to hire soliders straight away (after I had put down my first base) I am (so far) able to hire soliders without problem after.

2) If I build my first base, go away and do some missions then hire a solider, it doesn't always let me. The first time it doesn't let me, it will never let me after that.

• 4 months later...