Xenonauts Manual

For the public build (as in the current build), there will be a link on the launcher linking to the game manual. I've not yet put together the public manual for the game, although there is a pre-order version floating around somewhere.

For the public version, it needs to be a short and easily-understood guide to the game explaining the functionality of each screen without going into too much detail. Does anyone want to help draft the text? I can do it, but I'm going to be a bit busy with the other Kickstarter stuff...

Is anything happening at this front? I'd like to give it a go, I have a pretty good idea how to approach this and I'd like to use screenshots from the 9.5 build to better illustrate some points but I don't want to waste time if it's already being worked on.

OK - I've done the basic summary / overview screens and put together the basic formatting. You can find it here:

http://www.xenonauts.com/manual.html

Hopefully that gives you some idea of the vibe we're going for. People are welcome to start submitting content for the more detailed screen descriptions?

To be honest, writing the manual isn't THAT much of a chore now I've got the formatting sorted out so I'm sure I'll get it done even if nobody has the time to chip in.

Heya, I've been out of town for the past 50-ish house (May holiday thing) but prior to that I was working on a preview. It was meant to be pretty screenshot reliant but can easily go along with any text, kinda like a quick reminder.

In any case this is it:

14dhv6w.jpg

1rrimd.jpg

euhj15.jpg

You need to "view image" since a part is cut off by the forum. Images can be reduced to 50% size and still maintain good readability/clarity.

I don't think we should have the text actually on the image, rather just a numbered label and then the text detail on the page below. It'll stop things getting so cluttered.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]966[/ATTACH]

You're right, it is cluttered, but from an instructional design perspective it would in fact be better to have text and pictures clearly associated and close to each other. The Xenonauts manual is not a school textbook, however, so just keep the "classic" style. :)