How to use more than 1 mod?

molitar

First at all, chill out bro xD, i dont want to sound rude but with that actitude i dont think you will get help soon,

you should install the XCE (just unziping all their content in the main folder).

Then you should move to the mod section of the forum...there is plenty of mod variety there..

download them and just apply them using the mod tools from the launcher..hope this help you.

Well thanks for the advice. But some mods I am not sure how to get properly working in Steam:XCE version fully. I did get most of the oppressed UI working but some features like the bars are still green.

I found some useful ones and one to avoid that I deleted immediately.. Dynamic UFO Spawn (ugg) my first small craft downed in 2nd month had reapers on it and one hit killed me.. they had so many TU's it was a joke.

Steam Beta from what I understand is X:CE 0.30HF1

MOD INSTALLER

Aegis Armor

Armored Assault 1.1

Fire in the Hole 3.0

Lore+CE_0.26

minibar-soldierrole

NewLasers_v0_2

Manual Install (copy over under asset)

unpacked_tiles (with option skip already existing files)

RMP - Artic Collection

Skitsos improved containers

Skitsos Sleek AI turn mod

Skitsos Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000 v1.21

Skitsos improved tile art

Jsleezy portraits

Jsleezy Armor

Skitsos Alternative Rank Insignia

Skitsos improved containers

Drop folder in MOD Folder

SleekPlasmaCarbine-V2

SleekPlasmaRifle-V2

Want to install

Oppressive UI CE 0.27

Xtended_Distribution_0.7

What I am not sure is if I should be doing the manual install ones directly under assets or should I be installing them under the /mod/xce? I have read it different in a few different threads so that maybe where my problem is coming in at.

Hm. In relation to your original question

"How the hell do I use more than one mod?"
the CE-compatible mods should, in theory, all work together. Each of the mod installer mods you've installed occupies its own "sphere" within the game, and should not interfere withother mods. Please could you list which mods you notice are clashing.

I need some help here, im trying to use the Asymmetric weapons mod. It needs CE .24, I have .25 and using community on Steam every time I click play on the launcher I get black screen for about 10 seconds then "Xenonauts.exe is not working". Also it said to use .21 Steam Community Version...

Edited by BROFIST813

Downloading... please wait....

Version 0.4 dowloaded.... checking files.... please wait....

Yep, thought so, you're almost SOL. The file structure for some of the key files present in Asymmetric weapons mod changed in either v.25 or v.26. Those key files all need to be updated - that's why it won't work. AND_GREAT does has a copy of 0.25 here. You can try that, see if it'll work, but unless catmorbid is willing to revise his mod, that#s the best you'll get. Oh, and this mod? totally incompatible with anything marked as v.26 and better.

The Oppressive UI is having issues. I expect it's probably the location I am trying to overwrite or something. As I understand there is some differences in Steam XCE vs normal XCE. When I tried both Steam XCE and Oppressive parts of Oppressive works and others do not. Also I had tried not sure if it was a bug or not the Dynamic UFO's and I was getting reapers before I should who pretty much 1 hit killed almost the entire team on there first turn.

Questions like am I suppose to copy these into the root asset folder or the asset/mods/xce folder? Is one big question I have.

Hello,

thought i post here instead of creating a new thread, as i have a similar problem.

I just switched from vanilla to Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.30 HotFix 1

I followed the install instruction found here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12203-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-30-HotFix-1

Installation:

To install manually, download X:CE 0.30HF1 from the downloads section, run the game, and install the downloaded file as a mod from the mod tools in the game launcher. Then exit the launcher, go to assets/mods/xce, and copy Xenonauts.exe (and other executables if you want them) to the top level folder of your game installation. Run the game again and verify the game version in the launcher is correct. (worked)

After that, it's strongly recommended that you install X:CE settings and X:CE balance (0.30HF1 reuses these mods from 0.30, as they have not changed), otherwise several important features will be disabled. This is automatic on Steam.

I used the same method for all 3 Mods.

Now i made my own mod (named him Z-Mod, so its the last to be installed) as ZIP-file and installed it by using the Mod-Installer from the Launcher.

But, when i start the game, only some changes work:

working:

buildings.xml

weapons.xml

not working:

soldierimagesfemale (folder)

soldiernamesfemale.xml

weapons_gc.xml

armours_gc.xml

gameconfig.xml

loadouts.xml

So basically, everything that is changed by xce doesnt work with my own mod.

edit:

sometimes working:

strings.xml

Sometimes the changes i made on strings.xml show up (i changed the New greeting to quickly check if it worked) and sometimes not.

Anybody has an idea?

Edited by Dude
more information

Really depends on the changes you've made. In the files you've had trouble with, have you been using the modmerge commands to integrate the changes? Looking at the selection of files you have that do and don't work, that looks like a possible cause. So it might be worth looking here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11433-Documentation-Modular-mods-system