(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

The animation for the plasma caster starts before its actually shoots, can you tweak that?

Edit:

Could you make a "roadmap" for the mod development?

Whats about the advanced flare? (Its so dark in the night xD)

And my fancy taser gun? ^^

Whats about other mod integration, like the graphical stuff from skitso (boobs)

Also the mods needs an optional Heavy Metal soundtrack ^^

Edited by Selgald

The animation for the plasma caster starts before its actually shoots, can you tweak that?

Edit:

Whats about the advanced flare? (Its so dark in the night xD)

And my fancy taser gun? ^^

Whats about other mod integration, like the graphical stuff from skitso (boobs)

Also the mods needs an optional Heavy Metal soundtrack ^^

Well mapping is not in my area of expertice but road map could be realllyyy great.

Advanced Flare and Tazer is in developement.

For the trazer i have some ideas and will be include in the next update.

For the music I test add about 6 tracks for ground combat but the result is not good at all, due to the amount of temporal memory and cache that use the system

Im open to music suggestions. ^^

I have NO idea....but I have a little upgrade comming up soon(ish).

Who doesn't like to read the xenopedia entries of the good ol' grim and sarcastic headscientist?

(dont raise your hands or you'll get a korhang burst in your face)

Well... Good news everyone!

GoodNewsEveryone.jpg

Im preparing a xenopedia upgrade for all the new weapons, the lore behind them, some more immersion, some of that jolly black humour...the good stuff.

Willl be probably done and ready by tonight or tomorrow.

And if TD approves it'll be comming to you soon(ish).

GoodNewsEveryone.jpg

GoodNewsEveryone.jpg.ba865f4c1fb43af2358

Hmm i don't think he literally meant "Road map" but what are your future plans for this mod,what goals do you have and plan to achieve and so on.....Something similar to what Chris has done in the past.

Ah! Sorry I didnt know the term. As I say in latter post we have some goals:

- Make a weapon and wound system DONE

- Change economy dinamics for the game DONE

- Complemente the weapon and research diversity of the game (Dev)

- Give more elements to alien invasion (Dev)

- Make a structure lf sub Tier (Dev)

- Test and balance (Dev)

- Make multiple and alternative endings for the game (Dev)

- Make endings video clips (Like Deus Ex Human Revolution that we made in the past ^^) ( Canceled due to the game dont support video)

There in the path of developement appears more subobjectives.

Make endings video clips (Like Deus Ex Human Revolution that we made in the past ^^) ( Canceled due to the game dont support video)

Well game itself may not support video format but why don't you make those video clips,upload it on your youtube account,make separate tread just for it and mix ending scene with written script and those videos (people will appreciated written story and followed by videos,it gives more immersion that way.).

Edit:Could you point me to where i can see those ending videos you made for Deus Ex Human Revolution ?I am considering to buy a game (director cut edition) but it seems that edition has many issues original and expansion didn't have ....and only Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut is available now...

Edited by Sentelin

I strongly recommend this game, Deus Ex HR is one of the best games ever made. Go to youtube for the endings.

But better if you play it and get them.

Please dont spoil yourself with this.... awesome game. Korhang made lot of CG work for that game, we want to make something similar.

From ze lore on ze ThunderBolt veapon

(...)

Nevertheless, I do see the ThunderBolt as a very dangerous weapon and I do hope you will encourage your men to use it. If the assets of this shotgun do not appease you, then please have in mind us scientists. Commander, we need live specimen. And we believe the ThunderBolt can provide. Even if they are missing a limb or two.

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

My game just crashes in the loadout and then in battle for no reason and yes i have reinstalled

Hello Cookie Jarviz,

In the equipement layout? Its quiet weird. Did you update the game to version 1.01? We are working right now on the last update. I ask you for patient until 2 hours to give it a test. In other hand it seems to be working fine for me.

Edit: Thank you for giving us your first post. Welcome!

Hello Cookie Jarviz,

In the equipement layout? Its quiet weird. Did you update the game to version 1.01? We are working right now on the last update. I ask you for patient until 2 hours to give it a test. In other hand it seems to be working fine for me.

Edit: Thank you for giving us your first post. Welcome!

Ah... sad i cant update my game it just wont let me... and i cant find a manule update anyway im V20! ive tried updating before but because where i am it blocks the update

Edited by CookieJarviz

I just had my first base defense mission .... they have torn me to pieces of 11 soldiers only 5 remained (only two veterans from previous missions and 2 soldiers are wounded).I didn't expect this to happen so fast,usually aliens assault base at the middle of November or so but they did that on 20 October !!! ... almost one month earlier and they really took me by surprise.Now i have to recruit soldiers again ... only positive thing that happened is that i researched Advanced Rifle and Enforcer and I am near completing Advanced Pistol.Also somehow my hunter wasn't blown to pieces and vehicle is probably only reason why i managed to kill Sebillian Officer ....My point is that this has never happened before,I was always well prepared to fend of invaders with minimal casualties (in vanilla) but this mod keeps testing my limits and this is what i wanted gj,TD (even though i am going to lose game most likely now).

Hahahaha Sentelin my friend,

I put a range of randomizer for Base Attack, in this mod things could be hard.

The thing that I notice a little issue with base attack missions, players usually intercept the alien ship when is too close avoiding base attack missions easy.

Now when you'r playing you would never send your interceptors if an medium alien ship is too close to bases.

Yes, I want to keep you to the limits, but be for sure that you gain the expertise of a master playing this game.

The aliens in Base attack was too aggressive? they take advancement hard or they hide and stay passive?

At the beginning aliens tried to flank my soldiers and take HQ.However i managed to kill all of them and lose only one soldier.That soldier was killed by Officer Sebillian and i devote next 5 or so moves to kill him before he does more damage.I like his behavior he ran to cover and prevent me using snipers and then he attacked most expose d soldier.Anyway AI knew what is doing..however i started to wonder where are the rest of them.It took me 5 turns to take him down and while i was busy with him 8 aliens were camping at entry point.If they didn't do that i would lose.Also when i killed officer it seems that LoS system broke.Because as soon as i killed office r all aliens where revealed and they were just standing at one spot.They moved.only when i placed few soldiers near y and that's when massacre started ...So to answer your question half of them attacked and try to take over other half was passive.So AI neither was very aggressive nor passive.

@Theon

Hahahaha.

That is really lovely :)

PATCH 4.1 RELEASE NO.27

Start Screen.jpg

Hello Great players of XNT Into Darkness!

Here we are, this patch release is intented for players that have currently running a V4.0 of XNT:ITD, this pack content:

- Compatibility with V1.01

- New awesome Xenopedia entries for Researches and advanced weapons of this mod (Thanks Theon for your wonderful grammar and sense of humor!)

- Vortex Projector and Alien Spine Pistol has been fixed (Im pretty sure that you will have missions with 5 operatives stunned and 2 or 3 heroes trying to save them from abduction)

- Zephyr LMG has been increased in damage by 4

- Stun damage of Parango Heavy Pistol is set to 25

- Manufacture of some advanced weapons require alenium and alloys.

- Armor degradation has been set to 5%.

- Melee units AI has been improved (Even more :S!)

- Balance of content of UFOs.

- Aliens can now open doors even if you block it from outside. (BEWARE, destroy or dont stay too much time at UfO Doors, is pretty dangerous, in one of my test 2 aliens open the door and shot 4 shots of Vortex projector, stunning 6 of my operatives, I manage to finish the mission with 2 lonely soldiers and all platoon alive :S)

PATCH 4.1 DOWNLOAD

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

* The core pack is already updated!

Start Screen.jpg

577e7ceca7cf3_StartScreen.jpg.f28d05195c

Edited by TacticalDragon

So to answer your question half of them attacked and try to take over other half was passive.So AI neither was very aggressive nor passive.

Im proud of my sebillans :,)

Did you fight Androns yet? Harridans?

Did you notice the Sebillians strategy and benefit of bring Gargols on the ground combat? Anyone discover this one?

Edited by TacticalDragon

- Aliens can now open doors even if you block it from outside.

Out of wonder, how did you manage to do that?

Something that was bothering me about Fire in the Hole is that you can essentially block off alien approaches by standing in front of a door and there's nothing they can do. If you've found a way to fix that, it would be a pretty good thing to add into the mod.

Did you fight Androns yet? Harridans?

No,not yet only Sebillians,Reapers,Vipers,Gargols and Ceasens.

Did you notice the Sebillians strategy and benefit of bring Gargols on the ground combat? Anyone discover this one?

If you meant by this to use them as meat shield yes they do.Gargols were close to them all the time until i put my soldiers in position to assualt remain Sebillians.Instead of just rushing Sebillians,AI send Gargols to make mess and disorder.While i was busy dealing with Gargols and keeping eye on remaing Sebillians,AI was sending one by one Sebillian to attack most exposed soldiers and was very successful at that ..All those soldier that didn't have Jackal armor were killed in instant those who had ... well most of them survived.

Edited by Sentelin

Du hast "Items Recovered" verpasst. Außerdem sieht es ganz gut aus. I never miss the chance to excercise my German ;)

Maybe the Ceasans should lose some of their aiming ability.

Lore wise (from vanilla) they do have better eyesight than humans and are quite agile... so I think it should stay as it is. You just have to look for more efficient ways to kill them...

On the other hand I hate how Sebilians are sniping my men from accross half the map. Lore wise they are supposed to be narrow sighted, if I remember well that is.

Now, excuse me I have a big addon in my plans... my biggest one so far (and it's not even on TD's roadmap list). I wonder if I'll pull it off this time. Keep your fingers crossed.

Irrelevant hint: anyone here likes Battlestar Galactica? (No, I'm not making cylons)

Edited by Theon Greyjoy