(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

ACM was a series of UFO Afterblank mods back in the day for the first two games, never knew what it stood for though. TRM is the Total Rebalanced Mod for UFO: Afterlight. Both add lots of guns and other equipment and expanded the research trees as well to include these new guns and equipment.

Yes this is what your looking for, but this mod change the gameplay too, change a lot of things.

Make some test and if you have any question write us back here.

Ok, post mission report:

Type: Ligh Scout, farmland, day

Killed: 4 Sebillians and 2 Gargols

The mission was quite successful, everyone made it back alive... well one of our Ivans was mauled by a Gargol...but I guess he was playing dead. He will be back with us in about a month of convalescence (yes I did already build a hospital).

Can't say much about enemy AI cos I surpessed most of them before they had the chance to do anything smart...however

- One Sebillian was crounching before I even saw him...they would usually do that when they were involved in a skirmish ...now they seem to do it in advance.

- One damn lizard threw 2 gas grenades over a shrubbery.... he had no LOS, his mates had no LOS on me, I had no LOS and I certainly didn't provoke him...like wtf was he thinking? I'm just glad those weren't alenium grenades.

As for you two...

Pvt Sentelin you had two assists and suffered a minor wound, good job soldier. I am hereby givin you the nick name Eales. Wear it with pride.

Pvt TD. You got shot in the guts in the first turn (2 weeks leave), but you did get the lizard who shoot you with your machinegun. I am therefore giving you an extra 'N'. Giovani ---> Giovanni.

Notice that with my settings you will be privates for a looong time. you have to really earn that extra stripe on your shoulder.

Edit:

OMG the Apollo 1vs1 are exciting. I went with the same strategy as before...except this time after the rocket hit the enemy craft, it still had 15% hp left... And when we got in cannon range...he reduced my hp to 20%. His being 6%... So i risked it and decided to make a flip...Luckly my pilot fliped in the right direction (actually the right direction was left). I got it down but I was left with 10% hp :D. I love the Apollo. Im wondering how it will play out when I have more of them.

Edited by Theon Greyjoy

Notice that with my settings you will be privates for a looong time. you have to really earn that extra stripe on your shoulder.

xD! LOL Thanks for the machinegun and the shot in the guts

If you change to double the amount of advance for ranks they never will get corporals and get the exp boost.

The combat seems to be light, remember that I put a encounter randomizer, maybe your lucky and get a small research or scout UFO and is a Light Scout.

Hard to deal at early game a Scout ground combat UFO no crashed, landed. Almost impossible

Ok TD i have to say that Dread AK7-A1 - Tactical Sniper Laser Cannon V1 is so far my favorite weapon it the game:

-It's powerful

-Very accurate

-Looking cool like those weapons from Mass Effect franchise

-Doesn't require high cost to shoot snap and aim shoots....

-Incredibly Damage Output

-Androns can cry now in some corner and call for mommy.

Edit:More to follow ... I am dealing with annoying CTD's ever since i started playing your saves and I have no idea why.

3rd mission...hmm

TD, so did you put in that Kabills ufo randomizer? or just parts of it? The thing is im encountering only scouts as for now (im happy about it) but I just met a not so friendly Harridian. One men killed. Our sniper Sentelin had his chance to get his first kill but he blew his 95% shot :P. Pvt TD still in sickbay.

Ok TD i have to say that Dread AK7-A1 - Tactical Sniper Laser Cannon V1 is so far my favorite weapon it the game:

-It's powerful

-Very accurate

-Looking cool like those weapons from Mass Effect franchise

-Doesn't require high cost to shoot snap and aim shoots....

-Incredibly Damage Output

-Androns can cry now in some corner and call for mommy.

Edit:More to follow ... I am dealing with annoying CTD's ever since i started playing your saves and I have no idea why.

Yes is an awesome weapon but has limitations, they are costly, hard to produce, snap shot is quiet bad and is not efficient at close range.

Im glad you like it ^^

I can't load single GC with Plasma Tester.save (I always get CTD),although I can with Teir 3.save ....I wanted so badly to try Keeper TSR-V1.....and Warhawk II WR-H60A .

TD can you update to last update and see if this is causing issues ?And can you give list of mods you are using.

@Theon

I must have drunk beer before mission :P

I can't load single GC with Plasma Tester.save (I always get CTD),although I can with Teir 3.save ....I wanted so badly to try Keeper TSR-V1.....and Warhawk II WR-H60A .

TD can you update to last update and see if this is causing issues ?And can you give list of mods you are using.

@Theon

I must have drunk beer before mission :P

Check the stability update, or check this:

Go to weapons_gc.xml check if the entry of Pacekeeper has weapon.PKepper. In one of the packs for some minutes the file has "weapon.Pkeeper" .

Put the K on mayus and thats it.

3rd mission...hmm

TD, so did you put in that Kabills ufo randomizer? or just parts of it? The thing is im encountering only scouts as for now (im happy about it) but I just met a not so friendly Harridian. One men killed. Our sniper Sentelin had his chance to get his first kill but he blew his 95% shot :P. Pvt TD still in sickbay.

Yes Im checking the Dynamic UFO, but let the aliens progress. Stay lucky all the time you can, you will need this peace time until storm comes.

Maaaan! A new aircraft! I really should start playing it back! Plus more awesome weapons!!!

By the way I really wonder... TD, from where are all thoise weapon pics coming out? They are all good a fits the game style very well! I cant tell any difference in quality from a mod weapon pic and a vanilla one.

Maaaan! A new aircraft! I really should start playing it back! Plus more awesome weapons!!!

By the way I really wonder... TD, from where are all thoise weapon pics coming out? They are all good a fits the game style very well! I cant tell any difference in quality from a mod weapon pic and a vanilla one.

Well Im glad you like it!

Some of the weapons are home made, others taken.

Our designer and me make the edition.

:)

Check the stability update, or check this:

Go to weapons_gc.xml check if the entry of Pacekeeper has weapon.PKepper. In one of the packs for some minutes the file has "weapon.Pkeeper" .

Put the K on mayus and thats it.

Yes problem was that typo there ..... :D

However TD you have to do something about weapon participles and sounds.I can't make difference between alien plasma rifle and Alien spine thrower until i see it in the victory screen.Also it is shame that

Dread AK7-A1 - Tactical Sniper Laser Cannon V1 and Vortex share same sound ... and so on and so forth.Maybe for next update you should focus that don't you think ?

Also ThunderBolt AZT300 is marked is laser shotgun in Xenopedia but it is listed under ballistic weapons in equip screen (I fixed this for myself but you may want to do this for others who don't know how).

Edited by Sentelin

Yes this is what your looking for, but this mod change the gameplay too, change a lot of things.

Make some test and if you have any question write us back here.

They did change gameplay just by adding all sorts of new equipment. The TRM mod went in there and changed weapon effectiveness stats wholesale for example. :eek:

It made my go-to weapon, projectile rifles (i.e. the bread and butter weapon of Afterlight), useless without a large load of API ammo for Martian 'bots. I was very annoyed.

EDIT:

For a bit my game lagged worse than the Spacebattles forums. :eek:

Does that happen occasionally?

Edited by XenonaughtFox

For a bit my game lagged worse than the Spacebattles forums.

It sometimes happens to me when I use heavy explosives (rocket launchers and such), especially if it hit explosive obsticales (cars, petrol stations)... it's like a 2-3 sec lag.

Other than that I never seen any lag in game.

It sometimes happens to me when I use heavy explosives (rocket launchers and such), especially if it hit explosive obsticales (cars, petrol stations)... it's like a 2-3 sec lag.

Other than that I never seen any lag in game.

Anyway if you see lag on the game is caused by the game itself, but... I try it on my mediocre laptop and work without lag.

Did you rename a soldier as PVT True Theon Greyjoy? (Why did you use this nick?)

Did you rename a soldier as PVT True Theon Greyjoy? (Why did you use this nick?)

I'll start a new game (well had only those 3 missions in the last. So It's not that bad). Turns out I messed up some of those face/ soldier name files and I was still getting blank faces. Well , that was stil fixable I guess... But I also had about 10 asian guys and more in queue ...and there are only so many asian faces around. So I'm reverting to the normal files and starting again.

So yeah, I'll get you guys into my squad, I'll add myself (but what if I die? Game over ? :P) and I think I'll name the rest with GOT/ASOIF names...why not. Having Ned killed by a berserking Jaime will be quite fun I guess.

As for the name... I always liked underdog characters + I like characters faced with difficult choices +the plot in the books is a bit different than in the series.

that latest Yara scene was badly directed bullshit. Both in ways of plot and execution. (A master axe thrower stands 3 meteres away from a naked enemy and waits for him to have his monologue whilst openning dog cages, wtf ? :D

and it lets you see things through Theon's mind and thoughts. + Alfie Allen's acting skills + whenever people make that reference about some missing genital parts (which isn't specifically mentioned in the book) I can always say It rises again. Harder and Stronger..

IF your game start lagging it's because of slow or highly fragment HDD

Good idea, my laptop hasn't seen a defragmenation for a year now. With the engine the game is using this might actually help quite a lot.

------

Meh, I wanted to play but I got a modding fever.

Guess what aircraft I'm making now and I might give you an early spoiler pic :P

And unless TD is planning on making a total air-space overhaul and ufo balance, this is the last one I'm making. (I want the player to have some gameplay/aesthetic choices but I don't want to overwhelm him with a whole air-fleet of choices :D).

-----

Anyone has any opinions/suggestions on the Apollo btw?

I still have to try Apollo ... but i noticed one weirdest thing i haven't seen for a while.TD's tinkering with UFO spawns brought new menace called Harridan in early UFO missions !! Now I know that this is random encounter but I bump on them twice by now.First time on my first mission and second time on my second mission.First time it died when i crashed UFO second time he was all time inside UFO and only made his entrance when i got close to UFO craft. ... however he was blown in an instant by my rocket with assist of sniper guy.In third mission it was standard encounter with Sebillians and Gargols so I guess I won't see Harridan anytime soon ... but jeez this makes you wonder what is next big surprise that is waiting to unleash itself.

@TD

I like music pack.Some of those sound track really calm my nerves.

Here is feedback about last two weapons you added:

-Keeper TSR-V1 feels like great replacement for Plasma Assault Rifle.It has similar damage output same ammo capacity,better burst fire,higher armor penetration.All in all great weapon if you decide to skip Plasma Assault Rifle research.

-Warhawk II WR-H60A-This feels like hybrid weapon between Plasma Shotgun and Parango GH301 - Heavy Laser Pistol.It has less ammo capacity but good accuracy,it has slow reload (high cost TU) but damage output makes for it.It's light and can be used with shields which gives soldier multiple lore.Conclusion is that this fair alternative for players who want to skip Plasma Shotgun and go for Mag research directly.

-You didn't added this weapon but so far in late game from saves you provide Plasma Caster is must have weapon until you research MAG weapons.It's easy to reload,very good accuracy for heavy weapon,large ammo capacity,low TU cost to fire,high suppression,great ammo penetration,awesome weapon against targets who have high energy resistance (i.e Gargols).

Well this is it for now,I won't be able to provide anymore feedback because I have to do some final preparation for exams so I could give all exams in this June deadline and finish with this year of my University .However I still have little time to test and see how Apollo is doing so .... Theon stay tuned :)

@Theon

Theon,remember when I wrote that I don't like air combat ?Apollo changed that and I mean it.Flexibility of that aircraft is just amazing.What I like also is that it doesn't replace Fox interceptor but it provides much needed scout aircraft that can travel at long distance and good radar coverage which give "patrolling " command sense.

It so fucking fun to pilot it and even though I couldn't bring scout down (not light scout but scout),alien UFO craft didn't manage to hit me once and I did heavy damage to it (and I really suck at air combat ),so i just send one Condor to finish what I already started with Apollo.

Anyway great job and I am looking forward to try your new Aircraft once I manage to find free time again (which is probably going to be tight since my girlfriend "planned" vacation once we are done with exams).

Edited by Sentelin

I totally agree about piloting the Apollo, is fuc$%& FUN! its the first time that I had the impression of a real Aircraft.

@Sentelin, First of all god luck on your exams and your "autoplanned" things, Im use to it... -.-'

Well I found Keeper too much heavy but is a awesome weapon, the plasma caster is one of the best energy weapons on the game so far, at least against mid or low energy resistant units. The hard thing is that if you plan Caesans and Wraith with energy weapons could be a problem. Advanced Tier 3 Ballistics is intended to cover ballistic damage against this units, until you reach MAGs.

About the randomizer things could be more great in the next update! You will see. :D

The degrag of the game is a very help full thing. Thank you!