(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

Hi there.

I started a new game and had the problem that some tiles which appeared accessible (like grass or concrete) could not be stepped on. I reinstalled the game and the mod without the Kabill's random maps. Must have been some trouble with the tiles, they block the shot as well. So now I just have your mod and Skitso's map pack running. Seems fine so far.

One other issue is the night missions. I am sure you are aware of this but the icon of spotted enemy pops up and guides you to the alien even if he is not visible. Throwing a flare there reveals them though. I guess that mechanic is actually not that bad as you could argue that even in the dark you can see some shapes and movement but only by throwing the flare you get a clear view.

Another question of mine is regarding the economy. Many things seem cheaper and you start with 3.5 millions. Is it intended so that you can build new bases quickly and cheaply (as they are only 300k)?

I also changed the weapon's projectile speed a bit to my liking as I think a sniper rifle round should be faster (2500) than pistols e.g. Only a very minor thing but seems to give those long range weapons a bit more oomph.

But again, great mod. I haven't even finished a vanilla game as I got bored with the mechanics rather quickly but this mod should keep me interested for some time to come.

i'm having problems confronting the aliens... assaulting a cruiser with mixed coyote/wolf armors, all laser weaponry, advanced shotguns/shields and rockets: the harridan and the androns giving me an hard time entering inside, but i finally made inside and greeted, on alien turn, by some advanced vortex rifles... 4 of them at the same turn by 4 androns.

my squad was almost all ko'ed by the stun damage...

suggestions? maybe i'm doing it wrong in this mod, because i can't handle the ground combat with all those resist on them. xD

Another question of mine is regarding the economy. Many things seem cheaper and you start with 3.5 millions. Is it intended so that you can build new bases quickly and cheaply (as they are only 300k)?

It is.Since you didn't advance far in-game as it seems you don't know how quickly will things go downhill very soon.Use that money to build 3 bases and build radar to cover those region as soon as you can or you will lose founding region before you know it.Also you start in good financial condition but as you progress that budget is going to get tighter and tighter and If you don't establish "produce factory" (making advance ballistic weapons,armors .... and selling them) you are going to struggle with economy.

-Hmm .. all projectils are faster than in vanilla but if you think that it needs to be faster go ahead and tweak it.

-As for night missions ...that's vanilla bug and not XNT.But you will soon realise that you will need every advantage you have in order to survive night missions when advanced alien ranks start spawning (and keep away from night mission as much as possible you don't want unneeded casualties).

I started a new game and had the problem that some tiles which appeared accessible (like grass or concrete) could not be stepped on. I reinstalled the game and the mod without the Kabill's random maps. Must have been some trouble with the tiles, they block the shot as well. So now I just have your mod and Skitso's map pack running. Seems fine so far.

Kabill fixed this bug today go and download latest Farm pack.Desert pack is fine.

Edited by Sentelin

Another question of mine is regarding the economy.

There are more ufo's around. So you need to cover more of the world ...so more bases/ more aircrafts.

Also bear in mind that there are more things to research so you might need more labs and scientists ...and they don't work for peanuts.

Even with the starting money you are given, you might soon realize that it is not enough. So its best to start producing and selling stuff to balance your budget... Of course there are many strategies for making and using money...those are just two fair points.

I also changed the weapon's projectile speed a bit to my liking as I think a sniper rifle round should be faster (2500)

actually a fine idea.

Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your game!

i'm having problems confronting the aliens... assaulting a cruiser

Hmm... it actually depends if you also play with the Hullbreaching submod..making some extra holes is one way. I actually don't remember the old cruiser layout so I don't know if i can give any valid-specific advice. But here goes:

all laser weaponry

Remember to used a mixed arsenal. Some aliens are very resiliant to energy weapons.

Vortex weapons. Stun you (well they also do dmg but not that much). Since the last update it's possible to make your stunned soldiers recover (just heal them with a medpack).

Armor resistance. Always try to soften them up by explosives. Armors get damaged and it makes killing so much easier. You could also try carrying some ballistic rapid-fire weapon to destroy enemy armor before finishing the job with other weapons.

Im sure TD will show up soon and give you some advice of his own :P

i'm having problems confronting the aliens... assaulting a cruiser with mixed coyote/wolf armors, all laser weaponry, advanced shotguns/shields and rockets: the harridan and the androns giving me an hard time entering inside, but i finally made inside and greeted, on alien turn, by some advanced vortex rifles... 4 of them at the same turn by 4 androns.

my squad was almost all ko'ed by the stun damage...

suggestions? maybe i'm doing it wrong in this mod, because i can't handle the ground combat with all those resist on them. xD

xD!

Try use a Tank!!! This vehicles almost put of enemies with Vortex weapons, you cover your soldiers and the vortex weapons deal almost low damage to the tank. This could give buy some tim

Thanks guys for complement the answer about economy.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Hmm what do you mean by "isn't a bit overpowered to get the command room so much firepower? " ?Do you mean on aliens inside UFO's ?As Theon mentioned you can use breaching charges to attack UFO from multiple entries also if i were you ... I would try to lure as much as possible aliens outside of ship than to contain fight inside UFO because aliens there have bigger advantage.

the problem is the anti-grav generator in the middle of the cruiser... a single miss can blow it up.

but indeed i need a scimitar asap to deal with these guys.

better a crispy generator, than a dead squad. ^^

thanks for the tips and now... ALL TO THE CHINOOK! RETREAT! xD

That dirty aliens use the teleporters as a assault trick xD

Try block teleporter first.

Second equip a soldier with a assault shield and a Parango pistol.

Lost the Antigravity ... is much possible in thia kind of UFOs.

Eliminate enemies one by one always triggering reaction shot with the shield.

Try using smoke, Androns has 30% penalties reductions with smoke and they AI becomes crazy when they are surrounded by smoke and fire.

Othe valid unorthodox tactic if you want to avoid injured soldiers, killed veterans and lose the antigravity is... hire a poor quick and resilente Private equip it with shield, a hard armor and C4/Plasma explosives. Activate the explosive, run to the botton of the room try to plant and run. If the Private is not killed or the shield is damage/destroyed he can survive almost dead. This weak enemy forces at the botton of the command room.

Thanks for the replies. I figured I need more bases quickly in the mod.

Regarding the projectile speeds I changed them basically for all weapon types with principle: sniper rifles (2500)>rifles incl. MG (2200)>pistols (2000) for ballistic weapons in this case . As I said a minor change but just feels a bit better this way.

Will you add tooltips in the soldier tab? Right now it does not show the values for the new weapons and the vanilla weapons are wrong I think. In Xenopedia though you have this info about the weapons and equipment. Again only a minor thing.

after clean reinstal off xenonauts and youre mod i still have the same problem invisible mig10 but i have the 4 weapon on screen alone the missiles are to short to each other after checking all the files i dont have pictures off mig10 in the airplansmap allso

Edited by jupilerke1967

The limit of speed of projectiles on this system is 2000 :/

Damn it TD, don't spoil the placebo effect :(

---------------------------

Well, at least for now we can confirm that the info in xenopedia is accurate (those values are auto-filled from the source files).

---------------------------

Are there any Russian or Ukrainian speaking players here? Would love to have one sentece translated (for lore/flavor shenanigans ;) )

after clean reinstal off xenonauts and youre mod i still have the same problem invisible mig10 but i have the 4 weapon on screen alone the missiles are to short to each other after checking all the files i dont have pictures off mig10 in the airplansmap allso

I'll prepare a small pack of aircraft for you to repair you damaged instalation. Sometimes the OS corrupt the files and the instalation process thing that the file its all ready.

Hello everyone

We have lot of work coming, the next week we'll release a new version with lot of content.

- New alien weapon

- New aliens

- New weapon for tier 1-

- Aircraft rebalance and weapons

- Unique fiz for the game bugs.

- Lot more.

Any feedback that you can give us right now is completly welcome and necesary to rebalance any issue in game.

Thanks for your attention and keep in touch!

Remember that this mod is made for all of you.