(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V4.0 - "SilverDragon" (New Aliens, Weapons and More!)

Thanks for the files and effort Sentelin.

I now know what's the difference that made your file work:

- you used the Foxtrot :D

It seems that in-game aircrafts can be set to buayble...whilst I can't do the same with the newly created ones. So I must be missing some line of code somewhere...but as I said I looked everywhere for it.

Well, I'll just set it to manufacture for now, it is a prototype after all

I resigned from the conventional aircraft tier 2 concept for now.

I want to see all of them flying alongside till they get replaced by more advanced xenobased crafts.

My current project:

- F17 slightly reduced hp (still "high" in comparison to others)

- Mig 31 - one more missile slot (normal sized) ! lowest turn rate in game, slightly improved speed, low hp

- M2x, slightly improved range (just a 1000)

- Su-T10 ...I've tried two cannons and a heavy weapon, low hp, good turn rate... And I got a funny result : the cannons took all of the interface space...so the avalanche is beyond my control, it fires at will (I could probably change the order in which weapons are displayed though,... still an interesting concept: to have rockets beyond the players control...probably more frustrating than fun though)

Here's a look of what the Su looks like in combat along the F17

Clipboard05.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg

Clipboard05.jpg.724c9da44955c6018d522a34

The rebalance sounds fun, really fun, try to dont make too much changes in Condors and Foxtrots. Im working with Kabill in a Dynamic UFO exclusive edition for XNT and it has too much impacts.

More changes to come:

- Projectiles

- The alien Doors has Portholes.

- AI modifications.

- JSleezy soldiers sounds.

Can you put the stats of the rebalanced aircrafts here?

Did you notice that there is a topic in XNT Group for creativity and developement to avoid spoilers?.

Make the soldiers sounds pack also an optional download please.

Did you dislike it selgald? At first sight I think the same as you, I dislike it until I test it, they dont talk to much and dont say none necesarry bull sh€¤.

Its usefull and give a lot of life to the ground combat.

I would love it, if it was more in the lines of Jagged Alliance (they did speak a lot of B$ in Ja - but every line was pure gold). With this im a bit worried it will get repetitive. But I don't know, I haven't tested it.

Believe me is awesome pack, the system gives prelation to ambiental, music and sfx instead of voices. The voices only sound often, not all the time.

I talk with Devs, hey say that Buyable aircraft is hardcoded...

Haven't been following this discussion, but if you want to add new buyable aircraft, could you not use the existing ones that can be made buyable as the buyable ones and reproduce the others as manufacturable.

E.g.

You want to add a new aircraft to buy at the beginning of the game (let's call it the "TSR-2"). Since you can't add in a new entry - the TSR-2 - and make it purchaseable, you borrow the Mig31 entry instead. Change all the stats, image etc. of the MiG to the stats you want for the TSR-2, and change the string references to the MiG to "TSR-2". That way, you have a new aircraft that can be bought.

Then you remake the MiG31 as a new plane.

(Ugh, hope that makes sense. I'm not at all articulate today).

Kabill, thanks for the idea , I was thinking of it already (it sure makes keeping order in game files a mess though :rolleyes: ). But I've changed my concept of the aircraft anyway.... it's now >supposed< to be produced.

It's just that I was wondering really hard which line in code did I miss. But oh well, curiosity killed the cat - hardcoded.

You must admit that things are hardcoded in this game most unexpectedly :D.

i think it's better to be manufactured by the xenonauts workshops, without you guys banging the head too much on the wall "we can do it? but how?", so you can focus more on the mod. :D

But finding work-arounds and making the impossible possible is most of the fun of modding. At least for me, anyway!

@Theon: No trouble. Just wanted to throw it out there in case no one had thought of it. I refer you back to the first point in this post!

But finding work-arounds and making the impossible possible is most of the fun of modding. At least for me, anyway!!

yeah indeed, but i find redundant to reinvent a sort of wheel when you already got a fine shortcut, but it's only me and you are the modders, i can't just thank you enough for the time investing on these fantastic mods! :D

yeah indeed, but i find redundant to reinvent a sort of wheel when you already got a fine shortcut, but it's only me and you are the modders, i can't just thank you enough for the time investing on these fantastic mods! :D

Thanks to you, this is work for lot of people and long hours of work. I hope you like it!

@Kabill. I cant be more than agree with you, challenging the impossible!

News: No Jzlessy sounds for now. Maybe for other occasions, I center my work now on rebalancing all the Tiers together and implement Kabill's Dynamic UFO.

@Senteliln and Theon, You guys are awesome, I need to review some few thing about the Su-T10.

Well my latest terror mission has a white 'ground' for some odd reason. Buildings and everything but the ground is normal but the ground is pure white. :\

Actually damaged maps is caused by corrupted Xenonauts installation and your problem with lag too.

I suggest you to uninstall Xenonauts, DELETE all the folder and residual files, CLEAN the folder from Thumb.db and temporal files.

Reinstall Xeno and reapply the pack.

Load a game in the geospace

Actually damaged maps is caused by corrupted Xenonauts installation and your problem with lag too.

I suggest you to uninstall Xenonauts, DELETE all the folder and residual files, CLEAN the folder from Thumb.db and temporal files.

Reinstall Xeno and reapply the pack.

Load a game in the geospace

So essentially delete the entire file after install, and then scrub it clean?

Shit, man I am going to hate this old thing. :\

Where would that Thumb.db and temporal files be held exactly?

You can find temporal folder here :C:\Users\(Name of PC)\AppData\Local\Temp and to delete Thumb.db right click on Local Disk C >Properties>Disk Clean Up option and under the list check both temporary (if you missed some of them this way you will make sure they get deleted ) and Thumb.db

Done and preping for install. Hopefully things go right this time...

In all seriousness I need a new computer.

Just delete all and reinstall. Did you use steam or dessura?

I use Steam. Originally used Dessura but that was being a finicky bitch later on.

Now onto suggestions!

My (albeit limited) playthrough of the mod has showed me some problems.

1. No 'Tier 2' aircraft, Apollos, Condors, and Foxtrots start to get fucked over by the time Corvettes roll around and things like Corsairs appear a bit late and becomes impossible to get a good production line going since you are focusing on getting as many Foxtrots/Condors/Apollos into the air as possible to stem the massive onslaught of UFOs.
  2. No Advanced Autocannon... need I say more?
  3. No Tier 2 missiles; Alienium missiles are nice but take a while to get to. Something in between the standard missiles and alienium warheads would be nice.
  4. No incidiary grenades/rockets; I would recommend to have these things because flamethrowers tend to be bulky things. :\ An M203 FLASH themobolic launcher would be AWESOME.
  5. Vortex is OP for the begining; I regularly lost 80% of my squads to those weapons! They are clearly way too powerful, especially when the best you have is basic armor and M16s. :\
Edited by XenonaughtFox