"X overcome with dread"... Only I hate this?

It is a hideous effect.

That heavy weapon that has cost you many materials ? Congratulations, now its unless because you need almost all your movement points. When "Overcome with dread" effect appear en the game, the heavy weapons its not usefull.

7 aliens appear next to your squad? Congratulations, the game wants to force you can not use your squad to full capacity. say goodbye to most of your squad.

I mean ... What causes this effect? The game does not explain it , or have not seen . the game does not give you tools to fight it.

Psionic ? In alien turn the psionic alien attack only a few soldiers and the effect its "alien control your soldier". "Overcome with dread" affects almost all.

Moral? Almost all are over 80 and always affects them "Overcome with dread".

The game only trolling with " Overcome with dread" again and again and again ... it is very frustrating.

I not want offend. But sounds like a bad and poorly implemented tool to add difficulty.

Is logical that the aliens are more difficult as the game progresses. better weapons, better armor, better statistics, more powerfull ufos... But the game gives you tools to oppose that.

It gives you better weapons, better armor, better soldiers (if they survive of course xD), better aircrafts...

The game not give you any tool for resist "Overcome with dread". That only happen. The game only trolling you.

It is a good game, I really like it. But I HATE with all my soul "Overcome with dread", it ruins my game experience.

When I play a game, I want enjoy with it. when "Overcome with dread" appears in the game, the enjoy disappears.

There is only frustration.

I dont need total invulneravility to that effect, but... Let me fight againt that with something. Give a item, or armor, special (and expensive) training, anything... But give something.

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

Dread is a psionic power; I think it's only possessed by Praetors but it's possible some of the higher ranking Caesans have it too.

What version of the game are you playing, Stable or Experimental? The Stable build is widely regarded as having bad psionics that are in the middle of being re-balanced in the Experimental builds

Because this and LOT more reason I suggest to developers put heavy machineguns TU cost segmented by series of burst fire rounds.

:/

I have done it: my machineguns have 5 shots burst that consumes 50% TU. If you remain imobile (you can't even turn your facing) you can fire 2 bursts (5+5 shots); or you can move a little more and fire 1 burst. It works well.

I have done it: my machineguns have 5 shots burst that consumes 50% TU. If you remain imobile (you can't even turn your facing) you can fire 2 bursts (5+5 shots); or you can move a little more and fire 1 burst. It works well.
This was suggested after they changed it to 10 rounds per burst, but Chris likes lots of bullets.

You're probably playing V21 Stable, when the psionics in the game were totally overpowered. They've been rebalanced in the more recent versions of the game.

Yes, I play in V21 Stable. If psionics power are reballanced in lastest versions I'm glad for that. I look forward to the next stable version :)

Thanks for the answer.