[22e7] Soldiers getting a free rearm between missions on same deployment?

I've noticed that if I send my Chinook on multiple ground missions without bringing it back to base between them my soldiers are getting free rearms for each one.

So I'll send my soldiers on a mission, they'll use grenades and shoot stuff and they'll win. On their way back I divert them to another mission and when they start the mission they aren't missing all the stuff they used on the first mission. Now, I'm only in the 2nd month and I'm still using ballistic weapons and I know the ammo and grenades are free so maybe this is working as intended? Maybe the Chinook has room to carry extra reloads for all the soldiers? But I'm suspicious that they're getting healed between missions too...I haven't had an opportunity to confirm that, but I'm reasonably sure that my soldiers got hurt on the first mission the last time I did this, and at the beginning of the 2nd mission they were all at full health with full gear as if they hadn't run the first mission at all.

I know in xcom1994 I would just load a bunch of extra gear on the skyranger so they could reload if I needed to have them run multiple missions on a single deployment, but the skyranger had a limit to the amount of stuff I could cram in there. After 2 missions I'd usually have to let it go home to rearm or risk running short on ammo during a fight, at least until I had plasma weapons and I could reload from the dead aliens.

Also, the extra gear was there for me to use in the missions if I needed it, I could have my soldiers run back to the plane to get extra stuff or switch loadouts to bring heavier weapons if the enemies were more than they could handle. I never had my soldiers start with a rocket launcher, they're too heavy and they're overkill for most targets. But I always had one sitting in the skyranger for someone to grab if we ran into something really dangerous. That's something we can't do in Xenonauts, and it's an option I miss...but that's another issue and I'm getting off topic.

I've confirmed that your soldiers are definitely being healed back to full health for a 2nd or even a 3rd mission as long as they weren't 'Wounded' in the previous one. If they're just injured and able to deploy then they'll start the next mission with full health along with being fully rearmed. If they're 'wounded' then they won't be allowed to deploy for the mission.

If someone wants to share with me how to post saves I can provide some to illustrate this.

Rearming between missions was implemented a few builds ago, I believe to nail down a particular disappearing/infinite weapon-ammo bug, which still pops up every now and then. I don't like it either. You get all gear, even ones that were destroyed back fresh at next mission. So taking extra gear for multiple missions is not an issue now.

Though I wouldn't agree on healing. I didn't find soldiers healing between missions. They appear "full" health, but that full level takes into account the health the soldier lost in the earlier mission. It is there to prevent the capability of healing them again which was the case a few builds ago, though I admit it is kind of misleading when the soldier appears with a full bar. It should be appearing just like he got wounded in battle. Speaking of which, I would also prefer lost equipment staying lost, and weapons not replenishing between missions.

Free re-arm is ok IMO. Since ammo is free on the geoscape it is not imbalanced, and it can be explained away by "munitions crates in the chinook". Healing in between missions however is not ok. If what Caaygun says is true, and that their "wounded" health becomes their new "max health" on mission start, I think that the devs should change it so that the health bar shows max health, and then their current health as a fraction of their max health, just like they got wounded in that battle.

Yeah I would imagine the max health in the second mission takes into account the damage in their first. It could be communicated more clearly but I wouldn't have said it's that big a priority.

Auto-rearm is technically a bug rather than a feature, but again it's not a major issue.

Auto-rearm is technically a bug rather than a feature, but again it's not a major issue.

Could it perhaps be connected to this:

[e22.5 hf - GC] Ammo bug in 2 consecutive missions in one fly

I'm not getting this bug in the last two builds despite heavily doing multiple missions and using laser pistols, so it appears to be fixed somehow as a side effect of some other bug. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

For me, Auto-Rearm is working currently as though it were a feature, with no bugs or engine inconsistencies I noticed (apart from logical continuity I noted above).

Ok, if anyone else wants to do some testing I'll provide a couple saves.

First we've got the end of a mission. No one's injured yet, but you've gotta breach the ship and if no one gets hit doing that then just have someone shoot their neighbor :)

[ATTACH]3574[/ATTACH]

This is the beginning of the next mission. I had 1 guy get wounded breaching the ship and he didn't deploy with the others. The others all got free rearms and look like they're at full health. I'm pretty sure a couple of them were lightly injured breaching the ship, but I'll have to do some extra testing to confirm they're just displaying their injured health as their new max since there's no way to check it in a mission.

[ATTACH]3575[/ATTACH]

1st mission endgame.sav

2nd mission 1 wound.sav

1st mission endgame.sav

2nd mission 1 wound.sav

Ok, I can confirm that your soldiers aren't being healed between combats on the same deployment, it just looks like they are because their injured health is shown as their max health.

Even though it's just a display bug I really hope this gets fixed, it's extremely misleading and it makes keeping track of who's been injured in previous combats difficult. I haven't noticed, but does it function this way when you deploy an injured soldier from the base? I know there were issues with being able to heal an injured soldier back to full health using a medkit by sending them on a mission, but I had thought that was resolved in another way?

Even though it's just a display bug I really hope this gets fixed, it's extremely misleading and it makes keeping track of who's been injured in previous combats difficult. I haven't noticed, but does it function this way when you deploy an injured soldier from the base? I know there were issues with being able to heal an injured soldier back to full health using a medkit by sending them on a mission, but I had thought that was resolved in another way?

I agree.