Smoke Grenade - no longer so useful

Hi all, with V21 the smoke from smoke grenades no longer cut off line of sight of the enemy and only allows for accuracy reduction. With this change, i find its usefulness greatly reduced and there are many occasions when my men moved locations under the smoke screen but still bought it. So my soldiers now carries flashbangs and shock grenades instead of smoke grenades. What are your experiences with the smoke grenade?

Hi all, with V21 the smoke from smoke grenades no longer cut off line of sight of the enemy and only allows for accuracy reduction. With this change, i find its usefulness greatly reduced and there are many occasions when my men moved locations under the smoke screen but still bought it. So my soldiers now carries flashbangs and shock grenades instead of smoke grenades. What are your experiences with the smoke grenade?
I believe the accuracy reduction depends on how many tiles of smoke the line of fire passes through. So, if you're having troubles with your guys getting killed try putting them on the backside of the cloud. Of course, stray shots can still you.

Should a small cloud of smoke protect from suppression?

There are still balls of superheated plasma flying past your soldiers heads, they are just less accurate balls of plasma.

Remember that if you are reducing the accuracy of enemy shots then you are also effectively reducing the number of shots they will fire.

Enemies with a low chance to hit will not fire which means they will not be causing suppression.

Incidentally it is not a cone of suppression, it is a circle based on the target of the shot.

That area has been reduced in the latest experimental build as well so your soldiers don't need to be as far apart to avoid the suppression.