[V21 stable candidate] Weird funding - bug or hidden mechanic?

Ive tested three "hands off" games on veteran difficulty.

- I make no interceptions, no research, no ground combat...

- At the end of each month I note the funding change for each region

As you will see in this image, some regions gets positive funding - even though I dont do anything...

Is this a bug or some hidden funding mechanic working behind the scenes?

Funding test.jpg

Funding test.jpg

577e7ccaa1f26_Fundingtest.jpg.ceb4ce575a

[ATTACH]3024[/ATTACH]

This is the setup I use to run the test. Just load the save-file and speed ud the timer...

In at least every other test run I see these weird positive funding changes - but I´ve been unable to pinpoint what is causing them...

I tried your save and had only negative results which corresponded with UFO activity and I ran for two month. I installed the game from 21.6 and upgraded to stable candidate. Have you tried clean reinstall?

As mentioned, this doesnt happen in every test, but in at least every other. I run the test until game-over - usually that is 5 months.

So to experience it in a single test running just two months, you would have to be (un)lucky...

It is odd, however, that is happens less often in this save, than in the test rund I conducted yesterday. (In the first three test runs this possitive funding happened multiple times in each test.)

Edited by Frakel

As mentioned, this doesnt happen in every test, but in at least every other. I run the test until game-over - usually that is 5 months.

So to experience it in a single test running just two months, you would have to be (un)lucky...

It is odd, however, that is happens less often in this save, than in the test rund I conducted yesterday. (In the first three test runs this possitive funding happened multiple times in each test.)

I tried testing your way and still get only negative results.

Try another save or a several saves where you save after each week to check if there has been an increase in funding.

Does building a new base boost nation relations? In one of my games I build a brand new base to NA (I had no bases anywhere near there) just before end of the month. In the end of month summary i got green NA and positive relations there even I hadn't done anything there but built the base...

I tested this out by changing all of the random events to have 0 penalty and turning on/off various types of events and it would appear there are 2 things doing this.

1) Some of the events generated by the bombing groups seem to add some positive points on the other side of the world or something weird, it isn't very consistent.

2) The fighter/interceptor groups that generate the airliner shot down/military plane shot down events create lots of positive points in the region where they are active. By putting event penalties back to normal and having a high rate of air events and no chance for other events, regions could end up with very high increases or decreases in funding when a fighter group was around... it appears to be tied to certain events for whether it goes up or down overall, but I'm not 100% sure.

Great work Jeon!

This confirms my own suspicion that the positive funding was somehow tied to bombers and interceptors.

I haven't tried modding (wouldn't know where to start), so my only option was to let the geoscape run, and manually investigate all regions every time an event occurred. And with several events often happening at the same time, this was just speculation on my part, so I didn't want to post it.