abduction craft.

One ship i remember was the abduction craft from x com original.

In the craft wad a cow (not sure the fasination of cows) half sliced open on a table and jars of other body parts about.

I have played 200+ hours and have yet to come across a craft that has humans tied to tables and being experimented on or taken away.

I feel it would add to the importance of fighting the aliens and see them as more evil.

Whats the chances of this type of thing?

Yeah and lots of blood and gore everywhere.

I can vividly remember the cows upside down and belly-open on that tables.

Funny, just googled "ufo enemy unknown cow" and with pictures, it was the second hit.

Here it is:

cow.jpg

But seriously, why not?

The aliens doing all kind of juxtaposing tissue and technology, so they don't have an obvious "problem" with it.

cow.jpg

cow.jpg.530462db1e2ad94589c8ce2f13d4de6c

The reason why it's unlikely to happen is there's just one man in the GH team who is both experienced and qualified to make new gc alien ship, AND the maps to go with the ships - Aaron. You'd have to make an extremely good case why Aaron should be pulled off his current duties and set to making a new ship this late in game development. You'd have more luck having experiment chambers put in existing ships.

Well infact if you think about it. The alien fleet might re-equip a current craft to do the abduction job. Good example transport craft could be re outfitted to be an abductor craft. If i was the alien race far awau from home then being flexable in what resources i had would be an important part of the fleets survival.

So your right. Can we retro fit a current ship. Giving several roles to the same design of ship would also give us a guessing side as to what the aliens current mission is. Transport craft- is it unloading ground troops. Resupplying a base. Or abduction run????

Well infact if you think about it. The alien fleet might re-equip a current craft to do the abduction job. Good example transport craft could be re outfitted to be an abductor craft. If i was the alien race far awau from home then being flexable in what resources i had would be an important part of the fleets survival.

So your right. Can we retro fit a current ship. Giving several roles to the same design of ship would also give us a guessing side as to what the aliens current mission is. Transport craft- is it unloading ground troops. Resupplying a base. Or abduction run????

Pretty much all UFOs already can do multiple mission types already.

One small problem is that you would need to design a specific UFO interior for each mission type if you wanted to make them look like they were equipped for a specific mission.

Shouldn't take long with the submap editor to alter the existing ones though.

Another problem would be that each map would need a spawn point adding for each new UFO type and missions would need the new UFO type adding to them in order to spawn the craft.

Not insurmountable for a dedicated modder and likely wouldn't take that long to do if someone had an interest in it.