Xenonauts 2(any plans?)

Nemes

Hi everyone,

Im veteran squad based tactics player since Laser squad on ZXS.Following game and forums for long time love the game and community.This is my first post.

Honestly i wish all the best to Chris and team(regarding commercial success) and i know they have other worries right now but i have question about possible future Xenonauts game.

Did u consider(if all goes well and im positive it will) Xenonauts 2?

Can u pls tell us roughly what woud u like to do?

Game is 1st true spiritual successor of UFO and imo much,much better game than new XCOM.Reason im asking about possible X2 is i fell that this team can do hell of a lot more with enough resources and time.This will be amazing game i was waiting to play for years but id like to see full A class product (if possible) next time))There is so much that can be done starting from modern 3D engine...Rest u know better that i do...

Thank you very much guys for making this game and best of luck.

Vladimir,Serbia

Edited by Nemes

Thanks, I'm glad you like the game.

Xenonauts 2 won't be our next game, but we'll probably do it at some point - assuming Goldhawk is still around then, of course. I think we could make a very interesting game using a proper 3D engine and having more freedom to change the game mechanics (which we would have, once we've already made a "faithful" remake).

There's no point speculating too much, though. We've not even finished Xenonauts, let alone the games that are going to come after it :)

Xenonauts 2 should be made by Goldhawk.

Why? Because now they have so much experience with the game, the nice-to-have content, the content that was left out due to budget or time reasons, the ideas that spawned during programming and were not realized and (hopefully) all the ideas, whishes, hints and mod-creations from the community (regardless if they were helpful, creative, crazy or utterly insane... ehm...the ideas not the community-posters, at least not the most of them I guess).

So please don't throw away or lose all these background knowledge. Please...

Therefore I wish you a huge success with the game, so you do want to do the sequel.

(However, danger might be that Goldhawk becomes that rich with it that they stop working at all...hmm shall I wissh for less success. No.)