AI Bugs, Improvements & Suggestions

Aliens open fire too early after moving:

They apparently try to move up to a cover, or approach my soldier behind cover to shoot him, but they open fire while they are 1 tile away from the cover, rahter than being directly adjacent to it. So that they receive the accuracy penalty due to the cover they have approached but not got adjacent to.

They should complete their movement adjacent to the intended cover, Then open fire without accuracy penalty.

Edit: Also they apparently don't understand 100% cover as they persistently try to shoot through it.

Edited by Caaygun

The aliens in this room always sit facing in the middle of the room. They should be facing the door so that they can reaction fire on my guys entering.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3745[/ATTACH]

I bet this alien is thinking "if only I had that heavy machine gun from the locker..."

I had a battle last night where the Sebs stayed upstairs while explored the lower deck thinking I had killed everyone but the command crew. Boy was that a mistake! I got lazy figuring the Captain and his officers were upstairs drinking coffee. When I let my guard down to prepare my bridge assault team a half dozen + Sebs came out of the lifts guns blazing. I lost three guys in the ensuing firefight. Up to that point I had had zero casualties and was patting myself on the back for my tactical brilliance.

Now what would really make my day would be some aliens patiently waiting for you to get to the upper floor/s and then ambush you from the lower decks, putting your team under heavy crossfire with no room to retreat.

That would be lovely!

That or placing C4 (plasma 4?) for you just behind a wall or another place hidden from sight.