[Build2.7] Air combat.

Moonie

You can pause any time, you know.

edit: I read what I wrote again and it seemed a bit snarky. I was just meaning, if you pause, it is not really too twitch based. I guess you do have to jump on that pause button.

Yeah, I find myself hammering the pause button, but mostly it's to late, and with the range of weapons being so small you often find the sprites all on top of each other when shots are flying. It just does not work for me the way it is in 2.7

Moonie's right - you have to pound the space bar like a little hyper monkey to play successfully. Probably need to slow down the speed of the alien "shots" to something more reasonable. As long as it doesn't lower the alien ROF it shouldn't unbalance anything. I'm not sure about increasing the range of the weapon though. That will make escaping much harder for the human player unless only the human weapons are increased, but that would probably throw the balance off.

While we're at it, increase the rounds carried by cannons. Two hundred would be FANTASTIC, but at least 100 should be in vanilla Xenonauts. I should be able to take down an aerial terror site with four torpedoes, four missiles and all the accompanying cannon rounds is all I'm saying.
I made an extensive post about ATA in the Geoscape Balance section. You probably want to post your suggestion about more cannon rounds over there since it is a balance issue.