[v8.9 Research] Cannot get to laser weapons

Okay, I started a new game after downloading 8.9. I researched Alien Alloys, Alenium, Alien Power Source, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle and Alien Plasma Technology. Shouldn't I be able to research laser weapons now? Or is there some other project I'm missing? Right now there are NO remaining projects to research, which is weird.

You need research navigation something...but I have also problem with laser weapon. I have power source in stores but I cannot research it to get laser weapons :(( everything else has been researched.

What does it mean after ground battle? - advice what should I research now?

res.jpg

and maybe it isn't important but we should wait for chinook before start researching. Now we can start without chinook in base (alien stuff are still on chinook)

res.jpg

res.thumb.jpg.d504ce85e7f6c66ee585b8eae6

Edited by Amiga4ever

Yeah this is a strange one. It's been reported before but it's never happened to me even when playing the public builds. Was there anything out of the ordinary about the game you played?

I haven't researched UFO Navigation yet, and I've shot down a lot of fighters but very few of anything else. Otherwise normal. Do I need UFO Navigation for Laser Weapons?

Matthew maybe everything that we recovered from ground mission should be in the list in research window at once. Then we will see what we can research - but for example when we will try to research Plasma Rifle first we should get information "unable to research it now" - because we need to research Plasma Pistol before. Just my idea.

I mentioned about it coz I had Power Source in stores but it didn't appear in research window. Propably I missed something to research....

Edited by Amiga4ever

Okay, so I could research the laser weapons, my research order:

Alenium, Alien Alloys, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Power source, Alloy fabrication, Alien Plasma technology. These unlocked the Millitary Laser research (I don't remember it's name but it was something like that), they unlocked pulse and scatter laser, and also basic laser weapons (Pistol, Carabine, and ammo) for fabrication.

In my case it didn't unlock Millitary Laser research even if I researched Alenium, Alien Alloys, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle, Power source, Alloy fabrication, Alien Plasma technology + Alien Navigation. I will check it again at home after 4pm.

Edited by Amiga4ever

I've run into this bug as well, and I think I know the reason for it.

Just after unlocking the option to research "Alloy fabrication", I saved the game and exited.

When I resumed the game later, I could no longer research Alloy fabrication and after that the research options dead-ended further down the line.

Would it help if I attached the savegame files?

Edited by Ovoid Orca

I've run into this bug as well, and I think I know the reason for it.

Just after unlocking the option to research "Alloy fabrication", I saved the game and exited.

When I resumed the game later, I could no longer research Alloy fabrication and after that the research options dead-ended further down the line.

Would it help if I attached the savegame files?

Just played straight thru to July 15 without hitting save.

I was able to research lasers and Wolf armor, no problem.

Several times before, I had saved, but not exited. That action alone seems to suppress laser/wolf research.

Okay, now I loaded a Chinook with laser weapons, headed out, and every time I try to start ground combat, it crashes.

I should add that I DID save between the invention of the lasers and the launch to the crash site. Seems the save process doesn't like lasers ...

That doesn't really matter :). Okay, so save games are causing this issue. With Ovoid Ocra's save game it's cool. Thanks for the report.

This one has an easy workaround:

If you would like to save the game, wait until there is no research in progress. This issue shows up, when you load a save game while a research is in progress

Edited by Matthew

That doesn't really matter :). Okay, so save games are causing this issue. With Ovoid Ocra's save game it's cool. Thanks for the report.

This one has an easy workaround:

If you would like to save the game, wait until there is no research in progress. This issue shows up, when you load a save game while a research is in progress

Cool, thanks!

Have the same problem of Amiga4ever. I researched:

Allenium

Alien Alloys

Alien Alloy Fabrication

Alien Power Source

Alien Navigation

Plasma Pistol

Plasma Rifle

Never saved or loaded a game during a research. Now i don't find nothing more. I have done three missions, but i don't obtain other tech.

Any suggestion?