V20 Experimental Build 4 Available!

I'm liking the new base UI. Very artfully done and it is conveniently organized as well.

A small suggestion - I think the button that is grayed out should be the one you are currently using. For instance, when I am managing research the manage research button should be grayed out and the hire scientists should be black. This way I can see the hire scientist button easily (I've spent time looking for it more than once). Obviously, I'll know when I am using the manage research button.

Sorry, I should clarify - we're hoping to have the game done by the end of December. I imagine we'll take a good month or so to go from Release Stable to actual release, simply because we'll have to do all the marketing and all that, and print magazines tend to have a lead time of four to six weeks if they are doing a release.

You guys will be able to play the "final" game in the interim but there's no sense in making a game and then not doing the launch properly.

I've decided to wait for the final version before I resume playing the game. And I can say that I'm really looking forward to it. There is one change of the top of my head that I would like you to do. On maps with alien ships many of the aliens tend to stay inside the ship and never go out. I think it would be more fun if once in a while one or two of them would leave the ship just to shake things up a bit. That would make reaction shots more important which I'd like.

I apologize as this is probably not the right place for a suggestion like this one.

I've not played Xeno since a couple of weeks after v19 was released, so maybe I'm remembering it wrong. But from the little play-around I did of v20b4 (having not played v20b1 - v20b3) I did last night, the game looks and plays a lot better. The base UI's better looking and ground combat seems smoother. Good job, devs!