Lag in Large Bases?

victorix58

I just got to my first couple large bases and I have been noticing some unusual behavior. First, there seems to be a small degree of lag during soldier movement etc.. Second, at the beginning of each turn, the game seems to cycle through each of my soldiers momentarily with the selection reticule above their heads. I searched the forum but didn't see a reference to this. Anyone else having this experience? Is it a known bug?

This is a known issue, and it's due to the number of light sources in the alien base - our ground combat programmer just spent a few weeks optimising the rendering of lighting in night/dark maps, and he succeeded in reducing the time to update the lighting (which is causing the lag) by not one but two orders of magnitude - so basically in future versions this won't be a problem.

This is a known issue, and it's due to the number of light sources in the alien base - our ground combat programmer just spent a few weeks optimising the rendering of lighting in night/dark maps, and he succeeded in reducing the time to update the lighting (which is causing the lag) by not one but two orders of magnitude - so basically in future versions this won't be a problem.

Frick, a hundred times better? Now that's good coding.

Give that man a cookie.

I just got to my first couple large bases and I have been noticing some unusual behavior. First, there seems to be a small degree of lag during soldier movement etc.. Second, at the beginning of each turn, the game seems to cycle through each of my soldiers momentarily with the selection reticule above their heads. I searched the forum but didn't see a reference to this. Anyone else having this experience? Is it a known bug?

The cycling through your soldiers is something I have noticed as well on a number of missions later in the game.

When this cycling happens, does it cycle through all your soldiers or just some of them?

As I have said I noticed this happen as well, but only on some of the soldiers, and each time there is a text box at the bottom of the screen explaining that the soldier in question has been overcome with dread.

Have you noticed if this is the same that happens for you as well?

Its usually the low rank soldiers this happens with, like if you take a new recruit on a mission to take out an alien base, the new recruit sometimes get overcome with dread at the start of the turn.