My 5 cents..

Yunas

Hi everyone!

First of, thanks for the Awesome game! It's still alpha, but already it has great promise! My first EVER pre-order (commercial or indie) and i like it!

Nice to see how much you guys have planted since i bought it (about three weeks ago..)

I noticed the civilians are bugged (show as aliens) but that has been addressed here already. Otherwise game is coming on nicely! Can't wait to play other maps too!

What i specially like is:

-locals spot ufos too (you just get small text from these)

-now my guys are starting to get XP from mission! YAY! <3

-Overall graphics suit the game really nicely.

Theres lot to be done, but im have utmost confidence that you guys pull this off!

I hope this makes sense, im from Finland after all :D

I think he was trying to excuse any mistakes or misuse in his language due to it not being his native tongue, and he might be a bit insecure about that?

I'm sure he was not implying anything about you iamkyon! really! ;)

My post was merely a misguided attempt at instilling some sense of national pride into my compatriot. You wouldn't know about low self-esteem; you're Swedish, for crying out loud! You've got ABBA, IKEA and the breakfast buffet at Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go sulk in a corner.

Edited by iamkyon
Typotan.

Yes, but there seems to be a disagreement on what countries are included. Denmark Norway and Sweden are defently scandinavian. Finnland is "occationally included".

Scandinavia is also named after "skanderna" the mountainrange (that is allso comonly called "fjällen" or "Fjällkedjan")

Ironicly the mountainrange acctually goes into Finnland but doesnt touch Denmark.

The Nordic countries though include all 5 nations (Iceland is included as well as Finnland)

PS. All 5 nordic nations has the christian cross flag design on their flags DS.

Edited by Gorlom

Sorry I ruined your fun then since I'm the equivilant of english in that analogy.

(had a guy that thought Poland were part of Scandinavia in my last gameing guild, so wierd assumptions about scandinavia doesnt phase me as much as they should. Even when i know you know a bit more geography then the average american/southafrican/australian/otherpersonfarfromeurope)

Edited by Gorlom

X-COM is indeed a much loved game ^^. I know one friend back in Singapore who still plays it once in a while.

Ooh, and people from countries in Scandinavia! I am curious if you've heard of the webcomic Scandinavia & the World, and your impressions of it.

First time I've heard about it, only red a few so far. I'm a bit confused about the Finnish portrayal but chalk it up to be because the author of it is Danish and not really that close to Finland.

Vikings? (Edit: whoops, there's two pages).

And Aussies know about geography, Europe is the skinny continent with lots of countries. And that bike race.

Alright, so its mostly just Western Europe. Never got all the way across in Total War so its all a bit hazy around the area north of Italy (damn mountains).

Edited by Sathra

Vikings? (Edit: whoops, there's two pages).

And Aussies know about geography, Europe is the skinny continent with lots of countries. And that bike race.

Alright, so its mostly just Western Europe. Never got all the way across in Total War so its all a bit hazy around the area north of Italy (damn mountains).

What bike race? Tour de France? or some kind of motorbike race?