[8.61 - Goundcombat] Grenades

I'm... honestly not sure if this is intended or not, I'm going to err on the side of unintended.

I had two Xenonauts stacked up in a narrow one tile walk-way. The one in the lead was a shotgunner, and the one behind was a Pistol equipped with a grenade in the off-hand. The shotgunner in front was kneeling, so I attempted to throw a grenade over him, and it... detonated on top of the kneeling guy as if these are "impact" grenades. If it is the current intended effect, then color me sad, and I'll put a suggestion in for non-impact grenades that can be thrown over my units and land at the square or near the square aimed at. If it were to bounce off something, then at least allow for me to use the remaining TUs to scatter my guys instead of both dying immediately.

Would also be nice if there was some kind of indicator that "Hey, your grenade is being blocked by this if you attempt to throw like this!"

You post just inspired me to suggest an 'ALT' key line of fire that will help you see how your shot will travel and what obstacles lie in its way (color the rest of the line darker after passing the obstacle). The same could be used for grenades...

Hmm, units in the path of fire should get a green circle around their feet/wheels during targetting mode. Does this not happen with grenades?

And yes, grenades are intended to be impact-fused. There has been some discussion about shooting over the heads of troops really close though.

I have noticed that green circle when using standard weaponry, never seen it with grenades.

The other thing to note, is that Grenade accuracy never changes.. The biggest problem I have with the grenades being impact-fused, which is in general okay, we really really need some accurate indication of what the grenade is going to do before throwing it if it's impact-fused. I understand there will always be some random variance. But there are certain angles, and set ups where the grenade seems like it should work but blows up in the soldier's face instead with no GUI indication of that possibly happening, and it will do so consistently.

If you need me to get some screenshots of where this happens, I will be happy to provide.