Super cool, fun idea! Occasional super-NPC! Easy to program too!

OK, I'm just hoping to get a normal looking NPC with abnormal fighting abilities every once in a great while....LOL. If Chris or Aaron would even consider this I'd be pleased. It doesn't sound like a lot of extra programming and would be a lot of fun.

Yeah, that's all that should be even considered or proposed if this is going to make it in the game.

I think it would add a great deal to the game. You need some "WTF? HAHAHA" moments in games, otherwise they can get too repetitive.

There can be only one:

CHUCK NORRIS

Word!

Easter egg.

If a hero NPC is generated with the name Chuck Norris (or Booker..or McQuaid) his stats are set to 1000. He is unkillable and never misses.

Ha, that's perfect. Lets make a sprite that looks like Chuck Norris that goes around and roundhouse kicks aliens, dealing over 9000 damage with each kick. Heck, I'd pay for that to be an optional feature.

Seconded.

Edited by TrashMan

Recruiting them into the Xenonauts wouldn't be possible, and I'd rather not have that in the game even if it were.

I mean, this guy's a loner, a legend. He's like the Mysterious Stranger from Fallout; he goes and comes as he pleases, but when he does come he wastes whatever you're fighting.

There are blond blue checkered shirted sprites already there. With a shotgun, I believe.

But do they have SHADES? And a MULLET? And an assault rifle?

Exactly, it's brilliant! Just take a random NPC skin and make it super good at what it does. Ha, if we had the funding, we could even give it a dedicated sprite. Like, make a special sprite that wouldn't look too out of place in any environment but would be different from all other sprites. Ha, give it roughly the same coloration and whatnot as the original basic armor from X-Com, that'd be a kick. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I'd find it hilarious if such super NPCs (read: mission stealers) had names from the Firaxis team.

The sight of an NPC called J. Solomon killing all the aliens before you can, or finding him surrounded by corpses then "MISSION END: YOU GET NO CREDIT!" "ARRRRGH! ^$@@$%^@$ YOU SOLOMON!!!"

I kid, I enjoyed the remake and don't think the two games poach from each other. But playing up a non-existant rivalry is amusing.

"Chris England, project lead on Xenonauts, asks ‘Why can’t you just die?’" Heh heh heh.