Display Selected Soldier's Role in G.C. U.I.

I recently noticed if you opened a soldier's inventory during Tactical/ground combat, you could see their role icon.

I'd like to ask Would it be possible to show a soldiers Role Icon on the UI when I select them in ground combat missions, even if it's just a text prompt next to the rank (like Sgt. Falkner: Sniper)? It'd be great to know at a glance what they can do in addition to how expendable they are!

Be lovely to see what multiple soldier's role AND number were in ground combat, at a glance. Probably would need to be toggleable because some people would find it... immersion breaking?

Even if just their names showed up under them, semi-transparent, I could at least rename them all Sniper, etc

Well, can t you determine the role of the soldier with his weapon ?

What i would like to know is accuracy, TU used in each shooting mode.

That would definitly guide my actions.

Role right now doesn t serve much at least to me as i am able to determine which role a soldier have looking at his weapon.

But i miss how much he is good at shooting and how much time he take to make a kind of shot.

Yes and no Mordobb,

If they're carrying a Machinegun then yes, only my Support class carries an LMG. But, it doesn't work for two classes using the same primary weapon - for example My Heavy and Assaults Both have rifles Equipped primary with RPG and Shotgun respectively stowed in their backpack when needed. When it comes to close encounters it's vitally important to remember which one is which - as one is more suitable at point black range and reaction fire than the other!

*Edit Addendum*

Also - You'd be able to see your custom class names in GC - it just adds that little personal touch. It cant be just me who' assigns role of 'Badass' to my longest surviving soldier.

Edited by Falkner

Yes and no Mordobb,

If they're carrying a Machinegun then yes, only my Support class carries an LMG. But, it doesn't work for two classes using the same primary weapon - for example My Heavy and Assaults Both have rifles Equipped primary with RPG and Shotgun respectively stowed in their backpack when needed. When it comes to close encounters it's vitally important to remember which one is which - as one is more suitable at point black range and reaction fire than the other!

*Edit Addendum*

Also - You'd be able to see your custom class names in GC - it just adds that little personal touch. It cant be just me who' assigns role of 'Badass' to my longest surviving soldier.

Umm there no LMG in the game.

I understand your problem thought, i don t use them this way cause it screw TUs (at least i have none strong enought)

My assault carry the shotgun as primary and a lot of nades, the other have a shield and pistol only.

My heavy RPG carry the RPG only and a lot of ammo.

So i don t have your problem, especially that the role sistem is extremely limited right now.

But your demand is a valid one just a nini red letter on the screen would suffice, we don t need weaponry hold to be that big anyway.