Fast slots in night mission replaces grenades with Flares

Instead I just wish flares had it's own button and that futher some kind of NVG equipment was available in the game. Throwing flares in 1979 starts out silly and then as the conflict drags on becomes more and more implausible. The light amplification, active and passive infared, and thermographic sight technology revolution was well underway and would have been greatly spurred by a war for survival against the aliens.

I hate having to go into inventory and move weapon off and move a grenade into the hand on night missions because flares has replaced the grenade fast access button. Can this change?

NVDs probably aren't going to make it into the game.

And just right click on the grenade quick slot; you can select from any of your grenades. Flares are added for night missions.

I had no idea about that, thanks. Still learning aspects of the interface, only been back to check on progress of the game for a few days now.

Yup, no problem. It's not as if we actually have a manual that functions properly, letting new players know the little tricks of the trade. Tooltips would help with that, too.

That's mostly endgame (end of project, rather) stuff, though, more important bugs, balances, etc that need doing now.

Game already feature option to force all ground missions to run at night, why there is no such flag for day?

That was added to help with testing the mechanics of night missions rather than a gameplay option.

There are quite a few settings like that dotted around the files that will likely be removed at some point.