New hidden movement overlay horrible

I do not understand why the new overlay hides actions by the aliens that are taking place right in front of you!!!! The old overlay made sense, it hid unobserved behaviour whilst allowing for gaps where seen alien behaviour could be observed.

The current approach lacks realism, it assumes the soldiers can not see what is going on right in front of them and have no idea where the shots/attacks are coming from even when it should be obvious. You also do not know sometimes that a team member has been lost. For me this seriously detracts from this games appeal as it undermines the ability to strategize and plan your teams next move.

Why not have a semi transparent overlay or allow for gaps when the alien actions can be seen as per the old overlay. Other than this I think game is coming along well and its certainly a lot more stable.

I will have to join in and agree. I was looking forward to playing the latest release but this atrocious Hidden Movement have made me lose interest. Was hoping it would get fixed in the last patch but apparently it wasn't.

Think I'll just wait until it's fixed before I start playing again. It's incredibly frustrating.

Mistake? Possibly. Although it makes no sense to even have a hidden movement "box" at all. This is what fog of war is for. It already does the job for you.

Only reason to show "movement" text on screen is for those times when the enemies are "heard" by your troops even when under fog of war. Then the screen should move to the area and display "movement" text and a "sound" symbol in the general fog of war area that would represent sounds being heard by nearby troops.

When it's the enemy's turn but they are out of visual range and ear shot of your troops, THIS is when and only when an "enemy turn" or "hidden movement" screen should be shown which needs to block the entire screen.

The only reason x-com even had a "hidden movement" screen that blocked the entire view was to save them work. This allowed them to use the same script for moving the camera around to "action" areas even when this shouldn't be seen by the player(for instance enemies that are out of earshot and site range). Hence the huge screen blocking the players view of the battlefield ;) Even though behind that vale, the camera is actually still showing all the movements.

They are trying to "improve" this beyond what x-com used, which is causing them problems. No need to improve something that worked perfectly fine already.

Hopefully this made some sense... I know it's awfully wordy :)