Moonie

Xenonauts is in the exciting list for 2012.

A bit more than a third of the way down the page. 6 spots above XCOM.

Still, its on the list! Above XCOM! Woo!

Well they have that right. I wouldn't touch that Xcom ***** with a very long barge pole. The trailers were enough to make me fall into a deep sleep. ;)

I actually was interested in it till I heard 'from the makers of Bioshock' then it went downhill from there (Yes, I hate Bioshock and will keep saying it).

Spent the last hour reading articles about XCOM though, to read the comments. Good times.

What did you hate about Bioshock? I was looking forward to the powers but playing it at a friend made it feel like they were trying to hard with the scarey atmospher and things jumping out at you.

It was incredibly boring. Its amongst the most boring games I've ever played. I prefer CoD games to Bioshock, even through they're pretty much movies.

There was just nothing that actually...hooked me I guess. I even like the idea of transhumanism, its just...its really generic. Mad science, dreams twisted by 'true human nature' while a few 'true-hearted' stand against it all trying to survive. *shrug*

Well done to the devs for coming up with an incredibly promising formula! Hopefully this will generate some more interest, and indeed I notice there around 20 more folk currently viewing the forums...

LOL Win! :D