Hi, New and Curious

Hi Everyone,

I just finished downloading X-COM UFO Defense from steam before Christmas and playing. I absolutely loved the game back in the day (like 20 years ago), and had an itch to play again. After beating the game I read all about the new (and very dissapointing) X-COM game coming out (what a joke :)). After endless searching I found the Xenonaut crew and can happily say that I'm stoked to see others that loved X-COM just like me!

I wanted to say hello to all my new furry friends that share a love for turn-based games and had a comment, question and suggestion.

Comment: Why has nobody made a good turn-based game for the iPhone? It seems like the perfect platform for an X-COM remake.

Question: I'm sitting on the fence about buying Xenonauts for early play. It's not the money holding me back, but the fact that I'm afraid I might play it so much that by the time it's released I'll have played it through. Any ideas on this? Also, is the game playable or bug ridden at this point?

Suggestion: I wanted to introduce myself to the forums but didn't see a "Welcome to the Forums" group, perhaps we could add one for new members to say hi?

All the best and Happy New Year All,

David

Hi Everyone,

Hello =)

I wanted to say hello to all my new furry friends that share a love for turn-based games and had a comment, question and suggestion.

Furry? Woot? 0.o

Question: I'm sitting on the fence about buying Xenonauts for early play. It's not the money holding me back, but the fact that I'm afraid I might play it so much that by the time it's released I'll have played it through. Any ideas on this? Also, is the game playable or bug ridden at this point?

It's still in alpha, as such most of the game isn't in the current version. Yes, it is still ridden with buggs, just look at the bugg section of the forum.

Suggestion: I wanted to introduce myself to the forums but didn't see a "Welcome to the Forums" group, perhaps we could add one for new members to say hi?

I do believe theres an introductions sticky somewhere. I saw it earlier today but havent posted in it.

Edit: Here it is!

Edited by Gorlom

Welcome. It's still got bugs, but for an Alpha it is very, very playable, and I'd hardly call it 'bug ridden'. As it's Alpha you'll hardly ruin the game, there is only a little research, one race of aliens, etc. Also you can always preorder, and not play the game. Your money will be well appreciated by the developers

hi!

frankly, i got the same "afraid might play it so much" mindset like you, therefore, i am holding off my play through on the alpha release.

we have limited decades of life, if ya see something good, grab it, don't wait for another decade. :o

I've gotten further in v8.5 than any other version so far. Not only is it more stable, I am also avoiding things that are problematic like grenades and anything relevent in the bug threads. I'm curious to see how far I can go in alpha.

The email version of X-Com *might* be playable on the iPhone but I'm not sure since I don't have either item.

Its definately playable. I think key for the moment is actually the fact that there is only one groundscape map. I don't know how many maps will be in the final game but I do know that even the same map (say an urban environment) should in theory generate fairly differently each time. In other words, there is going to be an essentially whole new game available once the game goes into beta and release. There is also a unique chance to help mould the development process with the devs keen to get opinions and ideas from the community (which can only be a plus).