[V8.5 Geoscape] lots of crashes

Hey there, going through the game I've had one or two crashes now I've accepted that this happens with any game be it Alpha,Beta or even finished but all of a sudden they seem to have spiked to an ungodly level that has left me unable to advance past the 11th of july, sometimes they happen when I speed u the time to it's max, sometimes it's as my squadron returns to my base after killing a UFO, even at random moments or if iI quit a mission but it is mostly when my squadrons return to base. I love the game as it is going but this has brought my enjoyment of the game to a stand still simply because I can't do anything, I've tried multiple saves, ignoring the UFO here and there but still the game proceeds to crash.

Yeah, it's tough to work out what's causing it without more information - although the game should be relatively stable so something is going wrong if it keeps crashing.

Sathra, are there any crash bugs associated with Xenonaut fighter squadrons returning to base? I know there have been issues with the dropships but I'm not aware of crashes linked to the fighters.

Yeah, there's the bug to do with interceptors being pursued by Fighters landing at the base, and an intermittent one about destroying fighters then the game crashing when the interceptor returns to base.

The second one isn't on the list due to the problem being really vague. It's either the shooting down causing the crash or it has to do with the odd instability problem that crops up for some people around June (which causes a number of crashes for little reason).

They're meant to leave no crash-sites. They're only the size of fighter jets after all. They're flying bombs with guns stuck to them basically. Any salvage left behind would be collected with a shovel.

Also, I really have to check what I type. I meant July, not June. (well, the end of June - early July period.)

I've managed to recreate the crash in one of my saves I believe. Lone MIG32 is airborne with a fighter coming for it and 2 F17s ready at the base.

Through lot's of testing I've seemingly discovered that landing the MIG32 while being pursued, destroying it with other fighters and landing the MIG32, engaging the fighter with the MIG32 and retreating then landing, and engaging the fighter with the MIG32 and being destroyed all result in a CTD. In the case of it the MIG32 being shot down it would CTD in the air combat screen right when it's destroyed.

However if the MIG32 engages and destroys the fighter it seems to be fine and won't crash even upon landing at base.

If would like my save I'll need someone to tell me where I can find the save file and how to go about getting it to you (not sure if that's posted anywhere).

If would like my save I'll need someone to tell me where I can find the save file and how to go about getting it to you (not sure if that's posted anywhere).

Saves are stored under My Documents\Xenonauts, but because they're named according to date and time, you'll need to do some detective work to single out the one you want.

After that, it's just a matter of attaching the file to a forum post: since the board does not support the .sav extension, your best bet is to change it to something appropriate (such as .txt) or compressing the file into a zip archive. Oh, and don't forget to mention the title of the save state in your message, as I'm sure Chris has dozens of them cluttering his hard drive already.

Hope this helps!